The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Zeitgeist Movement: Thought provoking

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Question Zeitgeist Movement: Thought provoking

I watched 2 out of 3 movies on http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

each movie was about 2 hour long... somewhat repetitive but thought provoking.

First came out in 2007: Zeitgeist: The movie

Second came out 2008: Zeitgeist: Addendum

Then third: The Zeitgeist Movement: Orientation

I think they are "must see" movies, you could decide for yourself after watching one of them in its entirety whether if you want to see all 3.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:48 PM
March 2010 ROTM

I have only watched the first one, but it is a very convincing idea of how religion came to its current place.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:18 PM
February 2010 ROTM

i have watched them all and they all had really good info, and gave you stuff that you normally done think about.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:54 PM

I used to believe the whole 9/11 aspect of their movies was so very plausible, but not anymore. The relgion part is spot on though.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by itinerant
I used to believe the whole 9/11 aspect of their movies was so very plausible, but not anymore.
How come not anymore? seems to me more than plausible, physics of how building collapse under controlled demolition and exterior impact have very different pattern of aftermath destruction.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:19 PM

It seems like such a plausible explanation. But if it's so strong, why won't more people accept it?

Old 04-16-2009, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by itinerant
It seems like such a plausible explanation. But if it's so strong, why won't more people accept it?
Like believing the earth is flat back in the dark ages?

Conspiracies and religions aside,

I was more fascinated by the energy conservation, existing reusable energy sources that could already supply all human needs and sustainability segments of the movies..

Arccording to the movies, technologies for reusable energy that could supply all human needs already exist, why are we not using them?

Because money has to be made somehow by someone?

What if there is no need for money, or work? the 3rd movie raises some interesting concepts about possibilities... I learned alot from it... my wife said it was boring.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:51 AM
HCF Member

Don't have time to watch the flicks; what were their suggestions for renewable energy resources? Solar, geothermal, etc...? I'm a big fan of wind and tidal energy; one huge drawback is the massive footprint however.

A lot of those technologies aren't feasible for widespread use yet for economical reasons, and who can blame Big Oil for looking out for their best interests when they already have trillions of dollars invested in infrastructure. Not that I'm not down for affordable "alternative" energy.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:55 AM

I think it would be worth our time to watch the movies..

Second came out 2008: Zeitgeist: Addendum may be more interesting to you.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Banned

ok ive watched the movies they are very plausible now what should i start a riot or something.people aren't ready to believe this.

Quick Reply: Zeitgeist Movement: Thought provoking