The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

your car SUCKS, yo!!1

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Default RE: your car SUCKS, yo!!1

sorry but it was an outright purchase, not a merger. Lot of folks don't know that.

Old 06-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Administrator

ok, well why not bestow more of your worldly knowledge upon us with some backup for that statement, as well as some backup for your comments about how awful american cars are, since you have such vast personal knowledge?

it seems that many analysts bicker back and forth over whether it was a merger or buyout, but from the business structure point of view, it was indeed a merger since chrysler retained their own management, as opposed to the situation when a company is purchased for its assets and the new company installs their own mgmt.

Old 06-19-2006, 07:38 PM

For starters, I don't think Patrick is upset or mad at all. He is just discussing what he knows about the subject. I don't know why you think he is getting upset. Your perception if off here...

I could sit here and name tons of Chrysler cars that my family has owned that have gone well past 50,000 miles. Take my step-fathers 1984 Ram Van, that is currently on 395,000 miles. Original engine and transmission. Or my mothers Durango that is over 100,000 without any major malfunctions... but... You argue that the percentage of American vehicles that do this, is less than that of foreign. So I'll leave that alone...

If you wanna talk about reliablity...

In 2005, of the top 5 auto manufacturers... Look who has the least percentage of recalls...

COMPANY 2005 RECALLS AS A % OF VEHICLES IN OPERATION

1-FORD 11.7%
2-TOYOTA 10.1%
3-GM 6.8%
4-HONDA 4.0%
5-CHRYSLER 2.5%

Sources: R.L. Polk & Co.; National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2006/07...partner=alerts

But wait! I thought Chrysler was one of the least reliable car companies? Give me a break. I'll admit that Ford is a POS company. But GM and Chrysler are not... Look at where the so-called reliable Toyota lands here...

Also, when the company merged in 1998. Chrysler was most efficient of the 3 US auto makers. Go back and check facts if you dont believe. That year, Chrysler sold a record of three million cars and trucks. A rise in sales by 11%... Chrysler had become the world leader in “low-cost, high-volume auto production”...

I'm not taking anything away from Honda, because they are reliable. (Yet boring and slow)...

Chrysler did take a huge chunk out of it's reliablity with transmission issues a while back. But that's done and over... Chrysler is and has been for a while now, one of the most reliable companies out there...

You talk of foreign cars outselling American cars. One reason is because of lack of fuel efficent engines. That is changing at Chrysler... Another is because of many biased magazines and kids wanting to drive little ricer cars cause of these damn movies... Another reason is that these American cars aren't all over the world yet. Chrysler just started selling Dodge in Europe and Australia. People today are hypnotized, I swear. Take a look at stats, instead of word of mouth, and you'll find that Chrysler at the top, not the bottom...

DaimlerChrysler is the results of a merger. In 2003, it was alleged to be a buy-out, and not in fact a merger. Many suits were filed, but DCX did indeed win. The allegations were brought up because Daimler and Chrysler started sharing more platforms. The Chrysler Crossfire was thought of as proof that it was not a merger.

It was indeed a merger, though Daimler AG does in fact run things in the company and has say over everyone. Daimler AG recently prevented Chrysler from building the ME Four-Twelve super car, because they didn't want to be out done. This alone should tell you that it's still, in fact two companies. One getting jealous over another.

Daimler AG is slowly trying to take over. But that hasn't happened yet...

Old 06-19-2006, 08:19 PM
HCF Member

Take my step-fathers 1984 Ram Van
Yeah boy!

Another reason is that these American cars aren't all over the world yet.
Wait till GM hits China full steam. LA traffic will be put to shame.

Old 06-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Administrator

the 84 ram van probably has the same drivetrain as my winter beater, which has over 200,000 on it....

Old 06-19-2006, 09:24 PM

Boy...I hardly know where to begin. So much misinformation flying around. You obviously have me confused with someone else over the turbos,hks is so expensive mere mortals can't afford them,so I found out on this forum. I never said anything about greddy period. As for the comment s about american makes...looks like I fell into a vat of auto workers union members. In my vast experience as you unwittingly said,I have owned over fifty vehicles in my lifetime. 13 of which were new. The most I had at one time was seven and I have always had 2 or three the rest of the time. Virtually every make and model of american. Foreign makes were mercedes benz- 5 used. toyota-4 new 3 used. nissan-2 new 1 used. bmw-2 new 3 used volkswagen -3 new lexus-1 new
kia 1 new.
Chevrolets-1 new 3 used,fords 4 used,chrysler 1 new,2 used,dodge 4 used, cadillac 1 used, olds-4 used, lincolns-3 used,mercury 1 used, That's about all I can remember off hand. We have a nissan 4x4,a geo tracker and the old honda hatch presently. I'm looking at a jeep cherokee to buy from a friend,that will make four on hand. The chrysler products all had differential problems and electrical problems. The new one self destructed the differential at 29000 miles,was replaced and traded off. the chevrolets had a lot of problems, shift linkage replaced three times on a stick shift model, bushings kept falling out. brakes are probably the worst/most frequent trouble area on chevrolets including the 02 avalanche I last had. GM suggested trading it for an 04 model because they redesigned the brakes. They couldn't fix the brakes because they were too small and not enough pressure for the size of the vehicle. The 04 model has larger brakes. That was their answer for my brake problems. The fords had engine problems,one had to have new bearings at 45000 miles. The front and rear main seals were gone,couldn't keep oil in it. the engine bearings were all wore off on one side and the crankshaft had a quarterinch play in it. The explorer had a few problems. The ac compressor locked up,threw the belt,over heated and warped the head on one side. Took out the radiator in the process. fixed that then a wheel fell off while driving.,fixed that then the timing jumped and bent or broke valves,fixed that and traded it off. there were many other problems but I think you get the idea by now. some were minor but should not have happened,some were major. No such troubles with any of the foreign vehicles. I took very good care of all the cars and trucks I have had and don't abuse the drive train. I was surprised that my tundra 4x4 was totaled by hitting a deer at 60 miles per hour. Some how I thought it would be tougher than that. I think people who have american vehicles think that constant repair is the norm. When I bought the olds from my brother , he had all the repair receipts for the ten years he drove it. It was an '86 and I bought it in 96. The repair receipts totalled more than he paid for the olds new. Including a new engine. People say they have driven this or that for 2 or 300 thousand miles but what has it cost them in repairs? they don't say.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Administrator

its sounds like you tear through vehicles pretty quickly...ive never known someone who amazingly had SO many problems with almost every vehicle that theyve had. regardless of the make or model, you have something bad to say, and i will say exactly what anyone else who has examined your automotive history should tell you..."id like to see your maint. records", because the only way that someone could have a list of problems like you have had is that you simply dont take care of them. the problems that you have point out that you obviously dont take care of your vehicles.

also, how do you go from at one point owning a fleet of european cars, including 4 MBs, and 3 NEW BMWs, to owning a 91 hatch, a KIA, and trying to buy a used jeep from a friend? thats sort of the opposite of a "rags to riches" story...as much as i like my dodges, my bmw runs as well with 220,000 miles as my newer dodge does with 50,000, but ive still not spent a single cent on any of my dodges for things "going wrong", but then again, i pay close attention to preventative maint., and having spent alot of time in the automotive industry, i know that alot of people dont, and those are the people who have something bad to say about every car that theyve owned. my stratus has only had brake pads replaced, tires, and oil changes...and the car has been on various types of race tracks since four days after i bought it new. so while its been taken care of, it has not been pampered. but i have not had to replace a SINGLE thing due to failure.

so yes Leroy...if you want to drive your car until the wheels literally fall off, then you should probably look to something with an excellent warranty...after all, warranties are meant for people who dont take care of their cars. one of my 'junk dodge engines' is 37 years old, and is still putting out over 450 hp. talk to people who drive domestics, and actually take care of them, and they will have similar opinions to mine.

and the only "misinformation" here are your comments...after all, youre the one asking if an HKS kit would be a good starter kit...you based NOTHING that you just said on fact...you base your entire opinion on the FACT that you have problems with all of your vehicles, so obviously, by your figures, everyone has problems with all of their vehicles, right?

Old 06-19-2006, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

I can tell you my stupid *** step dad has a 78 dodge power wagon with around 275,000 miles on it and no problems because if there were he would have sold it as he is lazy(so he will not fix it himself) and dont want to pay to get anything fixed. I can tell you my dad has a 1958....yes 58 meaning a 48 year old car with more miles on it than 3 of your average high milage honda's and it can and has sit for over a year at a time and will still start up fine and run great. I myself had a 98 civic blow up with 107,000 miles on it and it was babied. Mobil 1 every 2500 miles, good gas used all the time, and rarely beat on.

My whole point is this. Say you have 50 cars from say Honda and you have 50 cars from say Dodge and both groups of cars have the same amount of failure, the failures that dodge has will be taken out of context and pushed around the internet to make it look like Dodge is the biggest pile of crap company in the world.

TOKYO, June 14 (Reuters) - Japan's Honda Motor Co. (7267.T: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Wednesday it would recall and repair a combined 561,594 units of the Odyssey, CR-V and Step Wgn models globally to fix a faulty ignition switch that could cause the engine to stop.

The recall and repairs would cost the company around 2.73 billion yen ($23.70 million), a spokeswoman said.

Of the total, 483,185 units are in Japan and were built between October 1994 and May 1997, Honda said in a filing with Japan's transport ministry.

Most of the recalls outside Japan cover the Odyssey minivan sold in North America. No accidents were reported overseas, while five people in Japan suffered burns from contact with melted ignition switches. ($1=115.18 Yen)
That is over a half million recalls..........did it get shoved in anyones face? No.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Administrator

of course not marty...but at the domestic sites, they are aruging the same thing, but from the opposite angle, and in the same way that we defend domestics here, i defend imports there...im glad that not everyone here is so painful biased due to the problems that they cause.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:42 PM
HCF Member

A car is a car and you can expect a few to have things wrong here and there with the alarming rate they fly off the assembly line

Quick Reply: your car SUCKS, yo!!1