The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

xbox is junk...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 05:54 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: xbox is junk...

ORIGINAL: Patrick

so what is the downfall of using a memory card? if and when one of my 6-7 year old PS2s goes bad, it will only cost me 100 bucks to get a new one, and i will still have all of my save game files...my PS2 does everything that it is supposed to, without extra hardware...not to mention, when i get PS3, ill be able to play all of my old games if i should chose to do so..

AND you can bring your save to a friend's house easily.
The only downfall of a mc i guess would be the limited space.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:04 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

Is it a new or used xbox that you bought, I play halo for a few hours everyday and I have never had a problem with it. But having to buy that controler to play DVD's is stupid but they just did that so they could make more money off their system.
Switch to the 360 and you wont need the remote to play dvd. If you get one of the 1st batch like me, it even comes w a free remote.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:14 PM
HCF Member

Originally i bought a GameCube, after owning that for about a year i couldnt really find any games that i wanted for it, i then traded taht for a used Xbox at EB games, i owned taht for about 5 months and it kept freezing when playing games, i took it back and replaced it (cause i got the extended warranty) and have had that system for about 2 years without any issues, and this one was used or refurbished too, i hope you don't continue to have this issue patrick, as i know how it feels \

And Melanie i totally agree Computers own consoles anyday of the week

Old 07-18-2006, 08:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

And Melanie i totally agree Computers own consoles anyday of the week
consoles are basically a computer too....... i used to use my xbox to write and check HCF when i was running linux on it

Old 07-18-2006, 08:35 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: phoenix_gtr

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

Is it a new or used xbox that you bought, I play halo for a few hours everyday and I have never had a problem with it. But having to buy that controler to play DVD's is stupid but they just did that so they could make more money off their system.
Switch to the 360 and you wont need the remote to play dvd. If you get one of the 1st batch like me, it even comes w a free remote.
yeah, but the damn 360 doesn't come with hd-dvd drive, you have buy it seperately once they release, that is just plain stupid releasing a console that was ready to be release in the first place.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:50 PM
HCF Member

Even I dont like either hd-dvd or blue ray, who says M$ cant release an blue ray add on? Blue ray and hd-dvd are large capacity but what? You CANT burn blue ray w your ps3, if you want to back up your hard drive or burn movies, you'll have to buy a blue ray burner for like 1000 dollars. And the ps3 wont read those RW blue ray either because it has so many copyright protection.

Yeah, pc games are great (Im a huge pc gamer) but now Im playing console more because it cost so much to upgrade your pc whenever a new cool game come out, everybody has a different pc but we all have the same console hardware and same controller--->more fair to compete.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: phoenix_gtr

Even I dont like either hd-dvd or blue ray, who says M$ cant release an blue ray add on? Blue ray and hd-dvd are large capacity but what? You CANT burn blue ray w your ps3, if you want to back up your hard drive or burn movies, you'll have to buy a blue ray burner for like 1000 dollars. And the ps3 wont read those RW blue ray either because it has so many copyright protection.

the thing is not whether you like hd-dvd or blue ray, its that in the future most games are going to be in either of those formats. M$ can release a blue ray, but the thing is it won't, m$ is basically the only big corp funding the hd-dvd, while sony is funding the blue-ray..... when dvd-burners came out they were over a 1000 dollars too. Also, there is always a way to copy copyright protection things... for example, m$ said it was going to take a while to hack the 360, but it only took a couple of months before hackers found out how.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

Man, I wasnt talking about modding at all (therere more modded ps2 than xbox) I was just saying that It wont read RW discs (You will want it if you want to show pics, movies, etc) Right now the 360 can stream pictures, music and video from your computer and use them as custom soundtracks (those are little things but count when get the 360). Very few games now are require more space than a dvd and w the compression technology plus developers tend to develop short games to have quick turnaround, the need for space is not that serious. MS arent making Hd-dvd or blue ray, toshiba and sony do, so it's on sony side to sell next gen format. You see a lot of people like pc games and when Live anywhere and game like shadowrun come out, you'll be able to play w your friend whether he's playing on the xbox ore his pc.