The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

xbox is junk...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Administrator
Default xbox is junk...

So, seeing as how sony hasnt had any new driving games come out in a while, I figured that I would give xbox a try. I know better than to waste 400 bucks on anything made by microsoft, so I bought an original xbox. I also bought 4 games. I got it mostly to try out forza.

Forza is an awesome game, its a shame that its on such a piece of trash system.

After about 8 hours of playing, it stopped reading discs. I figured, well, maybe the laser is dirty..so i tried to use my laser cleaner, but this piece of trash system cant run any DVD without a special controller. wtf??

so i return it to the store, and ask if i can transfer my game file for forza onto a memory card and save it to the new unit. the guy told me that forza doesnt work with the memory cards. he told me that many of the games dont. so, im SOL on that game file..although I was up to around level 24. why wouldnt all of your games fit on your memory cards??

Well, I come home and started playing the new boxed unit that they gave me, and tonight, i got back to where i was before..and UNBELIEVABLY, all of a sudden i get this green screen telling me that i need to call an xbox repair service, because my xbox needed servicing. after 1 day...THATS quality. SO, I have the option of returning it for another one, and starting ALL over again...but I think that unless the morons at the store can figure out some way to fix the situation, im going to tell them that i want my money back for the entire purchase, including the games.

it is clearly apparent that anyone who boasts of how great this system is has been playing nintendo for the last 15 years, and theyve never had the luxury of playing a user friendly system which works the way that it comes out of the box. my sony unit is 6 years old, as is amandas, and they both work great...i traveled for a year for work, and i carried my ps2 in my luggage, and it still works fine.

what absolute garbage.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:44 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: xbox is junk...

i can transfer your forza files onto a new unit and also, I can fix that green screen by modding it. The xbox sucks if you don't modded. Those xbox dvd drives are a piece of ****, thats why i have all my games back-up to the hdd. If you want, i can help you by email on how to mod your xbox .

Old 07-17-2006, 10:56 PM
HCF Member

Yeah their dvd drive is crappy, like a some of ps2 lasers. All I can say is you got a lime, and that sucks. I havent got a problem w my 360 (yet)
Edit: How did you spend 400 on the original xbox?

Old 07-17-2006, 11:00 PM
HCF Member

^^^^you got lucky, since the're were many that were over heating[&:]

Old 07-17-2006, 11:06 PM
HCF Member

I know. The PS3 is a high power consumed as well. Lets how it handle.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:06 PM
HCF Member

phoenix he didnt spend 400. He said he knew better than to spend 400 for a new one.

And pat thats a major bummer. You are pretty lucky though cause im on my third PS2

Old 07-17-2006, 11:08 PM
HCF Member

Haha, sorry, my bad.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Administrator

any information would be welcome....i let it sit here for about an hour..and turned it on, and it seemed to work fine for two races...but it was getting choppy...i would love to know how to preserve my game file when i have to return this piece of crap...i dont want to start over..again...but im also not willing to spend a ton of money on modding it, just to get it to work right. but if you can help, im more than happy to listen.

i didnt pay anywhere near 400 bucks..i didnt mean it like that..i meant that i was going to pay 400 for a 360...

Old 07-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i hear ya there patrick

Old 07-17-2006, 11:20 PM
Administrator

here are the errors that i keep getting from this unit.

[IMG]local://upfiles/858/DD84FDDCAC5E487184C73D89B385C48E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/858/883CE25F53014F24BFCA0E7E928C4FFF.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: xbox is junk...