The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

X-mas started today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 11:01 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: X-mas started today...

ORIGINAL: drbyers

...as opposed to saying a peecee laptop is defective and trying to take it back, when it isn't, and then being called out on it by the store customer service manager...

yeeeeaaaah riiiiighhhht. get a mac. lol
Here is the thing, they don't actually check if the laptop is defective. DO you really think that some1 is gonna boot up the laptop and check? It takes too much time. The only thing that they check for is to make sure that all the original packaging and material is still there. You can always make up some **** and say there is a intermittant problem which they can't prove doesn't exist. Or you could always run a magnet over the HD. They have no way to prove that you did that and it didn't come out of the box like that. The guys at Geek Squad are dumb ****s anyway.

Old 12-22-2006, 11:05 AM
HCF Member

Nice buy on the laptop. I was planning to buy one this winter but since my bro is not home much anymore I pretty much get this computer to myself. But I researched it pretty good. I was going to go with a dell.

I went christmas shopping yesterday and got myself a PS2 game

Old 12-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Administrator

i told you youd like it

Old 12-22-2006, 12:07 PM
HCF Member

get a mac...
You know, I used to be just like you. I was a die hard Mac Addict. Then after years of waiting for Mac to open its eyes and join the global computing community I gave up. Now I am not saying that Macs are not used all over the world. They are, and they interface with everything nowadays. They are really good computers.

However, they still have that $**tty @$$ attitude, and refuse to let third party developers make hardware for them. You dont have the option of building a mac from the case the mouse like you do with a PC.

I miss working on a Mac, I loved them, and still have my old Mac in my closet. (I refuse to throw her away) So please for the love of Hondas dont start in on how great that are and how much better they are at graphics and bla bla bla. I know they are. That is what I miss about them, cuz PCs are a joke when it comes to photoshop and video editing.

But until Mac takes the stick out of their A$$ I will not use one.

Old 12-22-2006, 12:22 PM
HCF Member

oh chit. you bought it from Worst Buy???

lol.

you ought to read the warranty policy.
Actually they took it back right away, no questions asked brought out a new laptop and they are loading all the software as we speak. You just have to look mad and they do whatever. Pretty funny.
Mac... lol

Old 12-22-2006, 12:24 PM
HCF Member

yeah, you were right alright... lol
This doesnt even make sense lol

And im breaking the rules by double posting...

Old 12-23-2006, 01:04 AM
HCF Member

if you had bought a mac in the first place, you wouldn't have had to take it back.