The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Worst night of my life.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Default Worst night of my life.....

Well here is the story....i get off of work and im lookin and theres no cars around at all......so im tryin to have a little fun.....and i doing some fun turns n all....then my dumbass takes a right turn too fast....**understeer** and boom right into the sidewalk.....so far what have seen in the dark....was that my axle was bent, my fender is dented in somehow and my rim is gone......this sucks ***....but how much do u think it would cost to fix it all???

Old 11-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Default RE: Worst night of my life.....

damn man, sorry to hear that...its gena be pretty pricey....i figure no less than 1k, labor is major money and fixing the axel will prolly be big bucks. good luck with everything.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:46 PM
HCF Member

Pep boys has lifetime axles for i think 75 bucks. Get the rim @ a junkyard or off ebay. 50$. Fender is like 60$ and paint will run prolly 75$. Can u pop the dent out? Take the fender off and see what u can do. Body work is $$$$$$.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:47 PM

That was a pretty dumb thing to do. I've had much worse nights that weren't even my fault. You've got to pay to play, it's that simple.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:48 PM
HCF Member

The axle isn't big bucks. When i snapped my axle it cost me about $75 to get a used axle from the junkyard, my dad paid a guy like $50 to have it put in, but you could install it yourself, it isn't too hard. THe other stuff i dunno about.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:48 PM

is it possible to just swap another axel in?
it could be a DIY ....hopefully....but yea there goes all my hard earn cash for parts

Old 11-15-2005, 10:03 PM
HCF Member

from what i hear swappin a civics axels is cake.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:04 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: pcupo12

from what i hear swappin a civics axels is cake.
The axle is made out of cake? MMMM Cake.

Old 11-16-2005, 07:12 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Pete's right, civic axles aren't that big of a deal from what i've heard. A buddy of mine is on his third set from Autozone. He paid 60 bucks a piece for two of them, and they have a lifetime guarantee, so every time he snaps one, he just goes back and gets another. It really shouldnt cost you all that much as long as you do the work yourself

Old 11-16-2005, 08:23 AM
HCF Member

i can swap an axle in about 15-20 minutes if everything goes right. ive had it take ma a day and a half, but i have the right tools now, instead of trying to do it without them. but im thinking that one of your steering knuckles may have bent as well. you need to inspect it really carefully, and once you have everything fixed, take it and get an alignment done, and have them inspect everythign else for damage. they may find a hidden problem.

Quick Reply: Worst night of my life.....