The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Why does this happen?! I hate other drivers....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 06:49 PM
HCF Member
Default Why does this happen?! I hate other drivers....

I've had two cars, a 93 Accord LX and a 98 Civic EX. Accord was dark red, the Civic is bright red (and I do mean BRIGHT). Bothare completely stock outside, nothing fancy minus the paint on the Civic.

Everytime I drive the following senario seems to occur:
I'm driving, at the speed limit orat the absolute max, 10mph over. I'm usuallly in the middle or left lane, not riding anyone's bumper, not holding anyone up, and not doing anything stupid, just happily driving. Then, suddenly someone to the right or left of me decides to floor it, cut in front of me, and slam on their brakes, even though there isn't a car in front of them for a long ways.

Without fail that seems to happen everytime I drive. Anyone else have this problem? I drove my boyfriend's 95 Neon around for a few weeks and cars would nearly wreck trying to get out of the way. I assume they believe that rust jumps... :P
And driving my grandma's 00 Malibu is a breeze,theother peoplepay no attention to it.
I've also driven my brother's 91 Integra, and 96 Integ GSR, both were very ricey. No issues driving around.

Do people just not like red or something?

Old 02-16-2008, 07:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Why does this happen?! I hate other drivers....

Happens all the time. They always wanna be ahead and when they are they slow down

Old 02-16-2008, 07:18 PM
HCF Member

I've got no problem with that. So long as they GO and don't obsessively brake I'm perfectly fine with someone driving in front of me, or changing lanes in front of me. If they slow me down though, I get very POed. Only thing is, at least ONE of the other two lanes is always open. And I typically get cut off from the lane that was clear.

I had a bit of a crazy moment on the interstate today. Two lane highway, speed limit is 75 minimum speed limit is 60, I was going 80. I came up on a car in the left lane going probably 45-50, regardless, VERY slow and well below the minumum speed. Not a problem, the right lane was clear, I got over to pass him. Right as I'm about to pass him (I had been in the right lane for awhile), he jerks over into the right lane, I react, and go back to the left lane, he swerves back into the left lane. We went back and forth a few times, him NOT letting me pass, til he got off on the next exit. We told each other the other person was "number one", him through a tinted window, me through my sunroof (do I get flip off style points?) and I continued on my way wondering what the hell was wrong with that guy. If you want to be first in line, freaking drive like it! Don't block other people....

Old 02-17-2008, 11:46 AM
HCF Member

Drive a lifted pickup.

Seriously, I even had people cutting me off when I was driving military 5-tons. They're stupid, plain and simple. The brakes, tires, bumper height, and heft of those things are just begging to cause death and destruction.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:48 AM
HCF Member

Well if it truely pisses you off, just do the same thing to them, pull in front and lock the tires up. and enjoy the fun

Old 02-17-2008, 11:53 AM
HCF Member

when they try to pass, speed up

Old 02-17-2008, 12:05 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Aaron_EX

when they try to pass, speed up

I do this quite often, if they pass me the first time that's fine, it's when they slow down and we end up playing pass tag that drives me nuts. so each time they try to pass me i speed up.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Recognized HCF Member

o i top you guys... pass the douche then find a cruising semi truck and just parrellel him.LOL

i love to mess with people like that! as long as your doing the speed limit theirs nothing a dam cop can do, whats the guy going to do call the cops saying that he wants to speed and your slowing him down. LMFAO

Old 02-17-2008, 01:00 PM
HCF Member

In Ct , you parrallel a vehicle in the slow lane, even if you're dead nuts on the speed limit, a cop can ticket you for traveling in the "passing" lane. I've been "brake jobbed" soooo many times, f*cking people are nuts! I even have douche buckets pulling up and attempting to pass my GN , passing on double yellow lines! That is NOT happening. People dont care about other drivers on the road any more. They think the highway is a video game and that somehow you get a second chance or a re-do. WRONG. Get me really pissed and you wont even get the benefit of brake lights for a warning!!! Yank the e-brake and let the blue tire smoke be your warning!! Such a-holes!! Even had some dummy trying to pass a whole string of vehicles on the shoulder of the interstate. We fixed his sorry azz!!!! Hey be careful out there cause mistakes are deadly.

SMOKEM

Old 02-17-2008, 01:31 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

o i top you guys... pass the douche then find a cruising semi truck and just parrellel him.LOL

i love to mess with people like that! as long as your doing the speed limit theirs nothing a dam cop can do, whats the guy going to do call the cops saying that he wants to speed and your slowing him down. LMFAO
thats just ignorant... many a time i have come up behind asshats parallel driving and neither of them will speed up to pass the other. leaving a line of traffic behind them because they wont move.... it's all too common here

Quick Reply: Why does this happen?! I hate other drivers....