The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Whats your job Profession

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:05 AM
Default RE: Whats your job Profession

college student + full time biological engineer at north carolina department of transportation...if youve ever driven roadsin north carolina, you know we do absolutely nothing...but its not my fault, i'm the new guy

Old 01-31-2008, 08:37 AM
HCF Member

Cop in Alabama

Old 01-31-2008, 09:02 AM
HCF Member

As I am 64, and have always had two to three jobs going at any one time, I have been-there-done-that in jobs. Hereare some of them in no particular order:

[ul][*]Machinist (International Harvester/Farmall, Allis Chalmers, etc)[*]Machine shop foreman (Farmall)[*]Time study engineer (J I Case)[*]Industrial engineer (Gilson Brothers/Toro)[*]motorcycle mechanic[*]bicycle mechanic[*]ran bicycle shop for three years[*]Photographer (including darkroom). I still do the occasional wedding.[*]speaker reconer[/ul]
Currently I live with and take care of my 90 year-old mother,and am also her legal guardian. In my spare time I do computer refubishing for a local non-profit (Alternatives for the Older Adult)to get computers out to older folks who have never had a computer before. I still do speaker reconing also, since there is no one else in the area that does this service.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:03 PM
Recognized HCF Member

work on cylinder heads and help with the family business of tinting windows

Old 01-31-2008, 02:24 PM

I am a computerengineer by degree, but my job is in general trading...thats what I like about life, you never know where you may end up...

Old 01-31-2008, 05:15 PM
HCF Member

Full time student (in college). I work at the on campus bookstore. Basically I stack boxes to pay for food, housing, parts and beer.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:22 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: hondacivic

college student + full time biological engineer at north carolina department of transportation...if youve ever driven roadsin north carolina, you know we do absolutely nothing...but its not my fault, i'm the new guy
Why does the department of transportation need a biological engineer? Are they trying to cut down on road kill or something?

Old 01-31-2008, 08:06 PM
HCF Member

Currently I work at a tennis center near where I live taking care of the courts, helping teach tennis clinics, and rallying with people who need somebody to play. I like it, get payed to play a sport most of the time

Old 02-01-2008, 09:18 AM
HCF Member

Do you work for Bollettiere's? That's a pretty big place down your way. Nick, the owner, is my cousin. His father, Jimmy, was my grandmothers nephew. I don't play tennis but my parents live about 1.5 hours from his Center.

SMOKEM

Old 02-03-2008, 12:14 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Smokem

Do you work for Bollettiere's? That's a pretty big place down your way. Nick, the owner, is my cousin. His father, Jimmy, was my grandmothers nephew. I don't play tennis but my parents live about 1.5 hours from his Center.

SMOKEM
I wish I worked there lol, a lot of the pros play there. The place I work for is just a local tennis club type place, I wont complain though because it is my favorite job I have had so far in my life lol.

Quick Reply: Whats your job Profession