The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

whats everyone think about the upcomin nissian GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:58 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: whats everyone think about the upcomin nissian GT-R

Oh, and being concerned about how the car feels when driving and how fast it is are two very different things. I've heard many a time that the 911 turbo is much more confidence inspiring and easy to go fast in due to the vague feel of the newer vettes wheel that keeps you wondering where the limits are. All out faster yes, more fun to drive, not according to most reviewers.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Cat Fuсker

if only my a$$ could fit int oa vette....it keeps getting stuck half an inch before the cushion on the seat...

Old 11-24-2007, 10:43 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

Oh, and being concerned about how the car feels when driving and how fast it is are two very different things. I've heard many a time that the 911 turbo is much more confidence inspiring and easy to go fast in due to the vague feel of the newer vettes wheel that keeps you wondering where the limits are. All out faster yes, more fun to drive, not according to most reviewers.
That probably has to do with all the fancy computer systems the 911 probably employs. Its more fun to drive because the computer does the work.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:09 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

I see that, it is like a cut off on the limits of the car. Your fine then your not. It just takes knowing your car and how to use it because something has to be right for it to do what it does.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Cat Fuсker

in ANY car you have to find out where the limits are yourself... Before I spun my car I had no idea how far I could push it....and until I spun the second time I had no idea how fast I can take a turn.... if you rely on electronics all the time and rely on the car to "feel" right you aren't a verygood driver. It's an experience thing.

Old 11-24-2007, 01:09 PM

meh, their aight...i'd never buy one, way to heavy. i'd take an Exige or Z06 over the GT-R without a doubt.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:27 PM
HCF Member

The thing that is boils down to is that there are certain types of cars for certain types of people. The GT-R is going to be a fairly low volume car unless they deside to actaully be slightly smart about it and offer a lower base type model. I am just not into computer controlled, all wheel drive, grand touring type cars. For me it is in the same segment as the M3. Is it fast.....yes, do I have any dislikes or hate for the car........no, will you ever see me trying to get one..........no. And as far as them slating this as the Z06 killer it will not kill the Z06 by any means. It may beat it out on a couple things but by no means is it going to rule over it.

In the end I think it will be a halo car. One that everyone wants to get ahold of but few do. Like the R34's, R33's, and so forth. That does not take away from it's abilities but a car company needs to look for a way to satisfy the people that can not spend as much on a car. The 350Z is simply not it, all the spec-v titled cars are not either. Nissan is quickly falling into becoming a elitest company much like Toyota and alot like what Honda did from 01 to 03.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:44 PM
HCF Member

I think the r33 and r34 look better, and I wouldnt pay that sticker price.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:04 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

The thing that is boils down to is that there are certain types of cars for certain types of people. The GT-R is going to be a fairly low volume car unless they deside to actaully be slightly smart about it and offer a lower base type model. I am just not into computer controlled, all wheel drive, grand touring type cars. For me it is in the same segment as the M3. Is it fast.....yes, do I have any dislikes or hate for the car........no, will you ever see me trying to get one..........no. And as far as them slating this as the Z06 killer it will not kill the Z06 by any means. It may beat it out on a couple things but by no means is it going to rule over it.

I honestly couldn't agree more.