The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

whats everyone think about the upcomin nissian GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 06:48 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: whats everyone think about the upcomin nissian GT-R

ORIGINAL: Marty

I will admit that pre C5 vette GM had pathetic attempts at fast production cars and other than a few models like the GNX/Grand National's or C4 ZR1 Vette's. But it is different now, they know what the vette means to the company now vs not knowing then and after about 01 the Vette's are really killer deals for what you get.
GM hasn't made a good Vette in quite a while until the C6. I think that the Vette is still a car the people don't respect even though it can hold its own with many super cars. I know guy a that drives a Carrera and he wouldn't believe me when I said that a Z06 will out handle his Porcsche at nearly half the price.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:09 AM

+1 on the price beeing too much but the thing looks sexy as hell i'm going to wait 7 years and buy a used one then but i still wish i could get an r 34

Old 11-23-2007, 08:04 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SuBlime_4_LiFe

Seems preatty dam sweet to me i would take that over a Z06 any day but thats just me. . .
I'd rather have a AWD import anyday over any chevy.
I would take which ever one performs better for the $$$$, not doing so lables you as a blind fanatic of imports. "It's better because it is this brand" type of crap. The Z06 can run in the 10's bone stock and out handle a 911 GT2 in turns. All while getting a epa average of 30mpg on the interstate.
No doubt that it is the best performer for the price, which is why I would buy one if I had the choice. But you also have to look at the fact that they depreciate very quickly, have lack luster interiors for their price range, and lack an overall feel of quality that other cars in that price range have. Don't get me wrong, they are great, just not for everyone.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:28 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker
have lack luster interiors for their price range, and lack an overall feel of quality that other cars in that price range have.
Interiors are for panzies.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:38 PM
HCF Member

^ LOL

Old 11-24-2007, 06:35 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SuBlime_4_LiFe

Seems preatty dam sweet to me i would take that over a Z06 any day but thats just me. . .
I'd rather have a AWD import anyday over any chevy.
I would take which ever one performs better for the $$$$, not doing so lables you as a blind fanatic of imports. "It's better because it is this brand" type of crap. The Z06 can run in the 10's bone stock and out handle a 911 GT2 in turns. All while getting a epa average of 30mpg on the interstate.
No doubt that it is the best performer for the price, which is why I would buy one if I had the choice. But you also have to look at the fact that they depreciate very quickly, have lack luster interiors for their price range, and lack an overall feel of quality that other cars in that price range have. Don't get me wrong, they are great, just not for everyone.
If leather 50 billion way adjustable seats, a very informative LED back lit cluster, navigation, and hand stitched leather dash cover is cheap then sign me up. And I'd say they hold there value decent. My car is 8 years old and still books for like $27,000. And as far as the quality thing you can bitch about quality. The cars feel tight, they do not rattle, they turn on a dime, get great milage, they do not carry heavy fees to fix mechanicle things but it would not matter because unlike the Ford GT, 911's and so forth they dont have reliability issue's.

People say that import companies have better interiors but for the most part if you take say a NSX interior and compare it to a Vette interior there really is not a better vs worse thing. They are just different layouts, different feels, same quality wise but neither is for everyone.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:30 AM
HCF Member

thanks for a properly thought out response marty unlike some others...as I said, I too would take the vette, I'm just saying they aren't for everyone. And while I've never driven them all myself, I think there is a reason that all of the car magazines say that the interior is lackluster, and that there isn't the overall feel of quality. I don't think you'll find one person staffing a car magazine that will say that the corvette has the same feeling of quality as a porche.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:39 AM
HCF Member

"Ruthless performance notwithstanding, I usually tire of the Corvette quickly, instead yearning for a more polished implement like a Porsche Cayman. Sure, I enjoyed the urgent, chest-resonating roar from the new exhaust, but the gains in refinement—a remarkably upscale stitched-leather dash; a friendlier, lighter-effort shifter; and dramatically improved steering feel—are far more significant. The next step is to ditch the flimsy seats. Start by benchmarking a $30,000 Mitsubishi Evo’s."

That's one of the things car and driver said in a recent review. Like I said, I don't want anyone to misunderstand me, I myself would take one, but these are the types of reasons i can understand why SOME would not want one.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:39 AM
HCF Member

I don't think you'll find one person staffing a car magazine that will say that the corvette has the same feeling of quality as a porche.
Thats exactly why the Porsche is twice as much as the Vette. The Porsche isn't faster, it might have a better interior and some better options than the Vette. If I buy a Vette, its because I'm going to drive it not because I'm going to sit in the seat and say "wow this is comfortable". I used to get a ride home from school everyday from my friend who had a BMW and a Merc. I still don't see the difference between the BMW/Merc and I wasn't impressed. Sure it has leather seats and a 50 speaker sound system but I don't need that. That cloth crap my civic comes with is just fine. The point is that if you look at the interior and say this car is crappy then you probably don't care about how the car drives. You are more concerned about how comfortable you are and the image you will get for driving the car. I'm the kind of person who doesn't care about such things. I couldn't give two ****s about what you think about me or what I drive. I'd rather drive a pure sports car where every dollar goes towards making the car go faster and handle better.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:56 AM
HCF Member

That's why I said I'd take the corvette too...

Quick Reply: whats everyone think about the upcomin nissian GT-R