The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

whats everyone think about the upcomin nissian GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 10:46 PM
HCF Member
Default whats everyone think about the upcomin nissian GT-R

it looks pretty impressive from what i've read. just wish i had 70,000 burning a whole in my pocket.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:59 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: whats everyone think about the upcomin nissian GT-R

Not impressed. Doesn't look that great, I'd rather have a Z06 for that kind of $$$. If Nissan wanted to sell alot of GT-Rs they would have aimed for the 40-50k range not the 70k range.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:45 AM
HCF Member

Seems preatty dam sweet to me i would take that over a Z06 any day but thats just me. . .
I'd rather have a AWD import anyday over any chevy.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:09 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SuBlime_4_LiFe

Seems preatty dam sweet to me i would take that over a Z06 any day but thats just me. . .
The corvette weighs 500lbs less and has 55HP more.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Ben

Depends on the import.....I wouldn't take an awd talon over a Z06 But definetly the nissan over the corvette....

Old 11-22-2007, 11:22 AM
HCF Member

I would take which ever one performs better for the $$$$, not doing so lables you as a blind fanatic of imports. "It's better because it is this brand" type of crap. The Z06 can run in the 10's bone stock and out handle a 911 GT2 in turns. All while getting a epa average of 30mpg on the interstate.

Old 11-22-2007, 02:29 PM
HCF Member

I for one like it, but i think the price will kill it.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

The corvette weighs 500lbs less and has 55HP more.
true man. but me, id rather have the awd for betterthe traction

Old 11-22-2007, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SPLAT

I for one like it, but i think the price will kill it.
For sure the price will kill it. A good chunk of the people who buy Corvettes are old white men who have alot of money. That is why GM can build a 70K Corvette and sell them fairly well(it helps that its one of the best sport cars ever built). The people who like Corvettes can afford the $70K price tag. On top of that, there are other Corvettes that can be purchased for less. This is the problem with the GT-R. Although its been sold in Japan for a very long time, it doesn't have a following in the U.S. The people who do follow the GT-R are younger people in the import scene. The people who grew up drooling over the GT-R probably don't have the money to go out and buy a $70,000 GT-R. It doesn't help that there isn't a starter GT-R that these guys can buy. Instead they will buy something in the $40,000 range. Thats what I believe but I guess only time will tell if the GT-R sells well. Its already bieng called the Corvette killer. However, I doubt that it will outsell (or to a lesser extent out perform) the Z06. The Corvette is an American icon and its going to be hard to beat in this country. As much as an import fan as I am, I wouldn't even think twice about buying a Z06.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:53 PM
HCF Member

See another thing is they are coming in with a fresh design/effort to knock off a Z06 that by the time the GTR comes out will be a 3 year old design. Dont think for a second GM is not allready on top of a new, better vette. I mean the new base model(430hp) runs 0-60 in 4 flat along with 12.0-12.2 1/4 mile times and among a top handling car. You can get that for around $40k to $45k. They are projecting a late 08 as a 09 model the "super" corvette or whatever it is being called this week(ZR-1, Stingray, Blue Devil, Z07? something different all the time). If this Z06 is in the 10's in the 1/4 and out handles alot of the $250k+ supercars imagine what about 200 more hp will do to it with slightly less weight.

I will admit that pre C5 vette GM had pathetic attempts at fast production cars and other than a few models like the GNX/Grand National's or C4 ZR1 Vette's. But it is different now, they know what the vette means to the company now vs not knowing then and after about 01 the Vette's are really killer deals for what you get.

Quick Reply: whats everyone think about the upcomin nissian GT-R