The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Whats the craziest speeding ticket you ever had!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 09:47 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Whats the craziest speeding ticket you ever had!

Jesus dude. I bet that ruined your day.

Old 10-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Administrator

that was in my old car, which is stored back home...it runs mid to low 12s in the QM, and although the 1983 speedo only goes to 90, im hitting up around 107 in the QM, still pulling for another 1000 rpm or so...bt that speed was with my old diff. gears...

my current daily driver is governed to 148, or so i have been told, ive only had it to around 140ish..i was trying, pointlessly, to catch up to a modded viper...he was nice enough to stop and wait for me, and i talked to him for a while..but that was on a long stretch of open highway

Old 10-20-2005, 09:50 PM
HCF Member

Got stopped for 103 on the parkway by a trooper. He wrote the ticket, but my buddy is a cop, got me off for a 400$ Unsafe operation ticket.

Old 10-21-2005, 12:34 AM

I was "clocked by radar" doing 104 in a 65 when i know my speedo was not past 100 (over 100 is a2point count on your record and i can't afford to loose my liscence) and 55 in a 35 but I'm fighting that one because it took the cop about literaly2-3 min before he dicided to come after me. I was at like 4000 rpm in second so it might have seemed like i was going fast, bu i'm fighting both...

Old 10-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Well, it wasnt exactly speeding, but it went a lil something like this...

Only ticket i've ever recieved (knocks wood)
2 weeks after getting my license, 1 ticket, multiple offenses...

Failure to stop for a stop sign.....4 times
Failure to use turn signals.....twice
speeding through a school zone (in my own defense, it was noon on a saturday in the middle of summer, there werent any kids around, and i was only going 5 over)
uuuummmm... crap i think thats it.

I drove for almost 10 blocks with the cop behind me with lights flashing. Talk about being an ignorant teenager

So yeah, this happened on my lunch break. When i got home, I went to tell my dad about it, and i was terrified (he's a prison gaurd hard ***). I figured i'd try to "lighten" the story a little, but he told me "Don't bother, i heard the whole thing on the scanner at work"

I was speechless, all i could say was "damn"

Old 10-21-2005, 12:57 PM

never had a ticket... surprised, but i always get a feeling when there is a cop around like the other night i was going 45 in a 30 but around the turn i got a sense to take it down to the limit, and sure enough there was a cop sitting in the dark w/ a radar gun, haha the 6th sense.

"I can smell a pig from a mile away"-Kid Rock "cowboy"[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 10-21-2005, 01:21 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04
I went to tell my dad about it, and i was terrified (he's a prison gaurd hard ***). I figured i'd try to "lighten" the story a little, but he told me "Don't bother, i heard the whole thing on the scanner at work"
haha, nice.

<- has a clean record (how embarassing)

Old 10-21-2005, 01:55 PM

I had one well shall i say three i was racing with my friend when a mussle car cut me off so i speed after him. To my supprise i passed an unmarked cop car who pulled me over. He was freakin out because i wasnt too sure how long he was behind me so i kept going, thinking he was gonna pass me. When i got pulled over he said he was gonna cut me a break. Well three tickets later i realised it wasnt too much of a break. 1-changing lanes unsafely. 2-65 in a 40. 3-reckless driving. But when i got to court the judge was feeling good because he redused everyones tickes to a 2point violation and threw 2 of my tickets out. it only costed me like 65 dollars or so. hea hea hea. but his other kid there got cought doing 85 in a 30 he got his redused too i was shocked i was like i could have went faster?!?!?!?

Old 10-21-2005, 02:08 PM
HCF Member

<---- clean record too although I had a close one once.

2 Years ago on New Years eve. I was using my dad 00 4runner that day and was on the way to my family land to party it up for that night. I had 10 cases, thats right, 10 in the back of this thing and I was in a hurry to get there because I was late and everybody need their beer. So im hauling **** on the old cooper river bridges going in and out fo lanes and I finally got to the bottom of the bridge to see not a cop, nor a sherrif, BUT A STATE TROOPER in the rear view! I was a little panicked knowing state troopers dont play. He walked up, asked me where I was going, what I was going to be doing (I told him the truth) and he looked in the back and saw all the beer. He smiled and said, "Drive safe, dont speed, and keep your drinking behind closed doors." I was like hell yea! Turns out he pulled me for not using a blinker!

Old 10-21-2005, 02:53 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

<- has a clean record (how embarassing)
It probably helps that the cops around here don't really care about anything.

Quick Reply: Whats the craziest speeding ticket you ever had!