The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

what is your dream car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 09:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: what is your dream car?

yeah there is a pretty big difference between the 2 as far as power, however with its less then 1000 lbs and its dual low end high end cams. it makes up for it pretty bad. My money still with the exige. the elise is a diiiffferrrennt story.. amazing car, but it doesnt have the ***** or the downforce the exige has.
less than 100 pounds? the very basic part of the chassis, with no suspension, no wheels and tires, no motor, and no body panels weighs a little over 250 pounds. the motor/tranny combo cant weigh less than 400 pounds. thats 650. add tires and wheels, another 60-100. 710. plus an aluminum suspension system, no less than 300 pounds. you gotta have brakes on there too, and they aint gonna be small. so we're already over 1000 pounds, and you have no body panels yet. the lightest youre gonna get is maybe a hundred pounds less than stock. sorry, but theres just no extra fat to trim off of a Lotus. but if weight reduction is coming into play, then start taking some of the heft out of the overweight Lancer.3087 lbs leaves a bit of weight to lose, 1925 doesnt.

so you think that lancer can beat a porsche gt3 around a wet track?
yeah. it has on of the most sophisticated awd systems on the planet. let alone the power. sure, the Porsche has a great setup, maybe one of the best as well, but the kicker is that the FQ400 was inspired by RALLY cars. the porsche was built for tarmac, and wet tarmac more resembles gravel than dry tarmac. so again, the edge goes to the Mitsu. the only car that really stands a chance against that beast would probably be the R-34 GT-R Nur Spec or the Z-Tune. even such super exotics like the Enzo might have a problem with it on many courses.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:14 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: fixntune

I really dont care, I think they are awesome cars, but I would have to say the 3rd gen. for sure. Dont know much about them but some of my guy friends attend UTI and say that is an awesome car, and it sure looks like it. Whats your take?
well...looking at ebay..they can be had for 7k-15k depending on the condition, miles...ect.

but i got my dads keys and a bad idea that says you wanna send 6500 to me made out to cash

haha jk i wouldnt do that to my dad. i cherish my life.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:15 PM

Well, you boys seem to know a little bit more than me. Im into the RX-7 thing, but what is your take? I know guys have the whole car image thing, but what is a good "girl" car, and please spare me the whole VW thing, please.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:17 PM
HCF Member

here ya go, I have a friend with a 93, like the one in the link but his isnt a rotary, nor turbo but its still fast as $h!t.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Old 09-07-2005, 09:21 PM

Thanks but looking for the opposite...ya'll wanna here somthing funny?

Old 09-07-2005, 09:28 PM

Every Sunday night everyone meets up at the beach to race...LOL...okay and this one girl shows up and says Ill beat you in my RX-8, she wanted to race my Miata...okay, she'll beat me, but the car wasnt there, so one guy comes up to me and says shes full of it...so I go up to her and ask her how many cylinders her RX-8 has, and she replies 6...LOL..stupid bitch...I thought it was funny, she looked so stupid.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

lol, that funny. It doesnt have cylinders.... i would call it more of a triangle?

Old 09-07-2005, 09:36 PM

I know it doesnt have cylinders...thats why its so funny.

Old 09-08-2005, 04:01 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: sacicons

yeah there is a pretty big difference between the 2 as far as power, however with its less then 1000 lbs and its dual low end high end cams. it makes up for it pretty bad. My money still with the exige. the elise is a diiiffferrrennt story.. amazing car, but it doesnt have the ***** or the downforce the exige has.
less than 100 pounds? the very basic part of the chassis, with no suspension, no wheels and tires, no motor, and no body panels weighs a little over 250 pounds. the motor/tranny combo cant weigh less than 400 pounds. thats 650. add tires and wheels, another 60-100. 710. plus an aluminum suspension system, no less than 300 pounds. you gotta have brakes on there too, and they aint gonna be small. so we're already over 1000 pounds, and you have no body panels yet. the lightest youre gonna get is maybe a hundred pounds less than stock. sorry, but theres just no extra fat to trim off of a Lotus. but if weight reduction is coming into play, then start taking some of the heft out of the overweight Lancer.3087 lbs leaves a bit of weight to lose, 1925 doesnt.

so you think that lancer can beat a porsche gt3 around a wet track?
yeah. it has on of the most sophisticated awd systems on the planet. let alone the power. sure, the Porsche has a great setup, maybe one of the best as well, but the kicker is that the FQ400 was inspired by RALLY cars. the porsche was built for tarmac, and wet tarmac more resembles gravel than dry tarmac. so again, the edge goes to the Mitsu. the only car that really stands a chance against that beast would probably be the R-34 GT-R Nur Spec or the Z-Tune. even such super exotics like the Enzo might have a problem with it on many courses.
type-0 sorry..less then 2000 lbs....

and the exige had a better time on the tack then a gt-3 so i think ur underestimating it.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: fixntune

Every Sunday night everyone meets up at the beach to race...LOL...okay and this one girl shows up and says Ill beat you in my RX-8, she wanted to race my Miata...okay, she'll beat me, but the car wasnt there, so one guy comes up to me and says shes full of it...so I go up to her and ask her how many cylinders her RX-8 has, and she replies 6...LOL..stupid bitch...I thought it was funny, she looked so stupid.
sounds like someone who would have said the RX-8 would have 8 cylinders cuz of the name.

Quick Reply: what is your dream car?