The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

What you think about the cobalt SS SC??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 11:54 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What you think about the cobalt SS SC??

yeah i heard some not so great news bout the transmission in the cobalts so thats one be a reason for me to not get one, but i would love a 2000 SI. And could someone tell me whats the top mph odometer on a 00 SI?

And chevys are great American made cars. They the heart of america dammit lol.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:29 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicblend97
i dont care how bad it will out run my civic its a chevy.
Pick your words wisely because you will loose this battle.

Old 02-04-2007, 09:56 PM
HCF Member

what does that mean marty?? if it was a 75 or older chevy its ok after that body truck i would not have one, because i love the 72 body truck... i like older chevys but i was talking newer i dont care for any of them.. i dont figure most ppl on here would like older cars that much everone is allways talking newer cars

Old 02-04-2007, 10:29 PM
HCF Member

Because the reliability and quality of GM cars is not like it was in the 80's which I will admit GM's quality did in fact drop off then but then again in the early to late 80's ALOT of companies quality went in the tube. As of now GM, Ford, and Dodge are right up there in quality and reliability. I have a 13 year old 130k+ GM performance car that has had 1 replacement clutch and that is it. Still runs like a champ, still stomps any mass produced honda into the ground in the 1/4 mile and will hold it's own against a S2000 around turns.

Got a 43 year old GM car that even being carbed cranks first try every time, dont use a drop of oil, and turns as many heads as a NSX.

I am a admited GM fan. I dont try to shove it down peoples throats but I will not let people bad mouth them blindly because 95% of what you hear is bull****. This is coming from a person that has owned 14 or so GM cars/truck ranging from 1964 models all the way to 1994 and I have never had one blow up on me and that includes the 500+hp pump gas 1/8 mile car I had when I was 16. It for the most part depends on the owner taking care of their car.

Old 02-04-2007, 10:44 PM
HCF Member

i like dodge but my opinion or chevy manily comes from there trucks they dont build much of a work truck i know 2 guys that went and

bought a 2500 to hang signs and they were standing on the side of the bed and it rolled down into the bed plus theres other things i could

say but i dont want to type it all.. what kinda of car do u have? we have a 75 vega here its my uncles its cut down into a little el camino with

a 350 in it that damn thing will run its been sitting and looks like crap and needs work now.. i was allways a truck guy until i worked at

honda shop then i had to have a civic before then i hated hondas i used to go up town and yell damn import POS at all of em but now i love em

Old 02-05-2007, 09:10 AM
HCF Member

64 Impala
94 LT1 M6 Formula < daily driver
96 Hatch

Old 02-07-2007, 01:52 AM
olv
HCF Member

I have a 2005 cobalt ss/sc thats my daily driver. I've never had a problem with it. Clutch has never slipped which seems to be what most people complain of with this car. Its just a nice daily cruiser for me.

edit: I put about 20,000 miles on it.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:49 AM
HCF Member

Sell your car. Get an EG hatch with a JDM GSR swap. Hello high 13's

Old 02-07-2007, 09:39 AM
HCF Member

why when he could to bolt ons and swap out a pulling and be faster, btw a GSR eg is not a high 13 second car

Old 02-07-2007, 08:54 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

why when he could to bolt ons and swap out a pulling and be faster, btw a GSR eg is not a high 13 second car
in a cx with lsd and good tires? i say possible, even more so with a few bolt-ons.

Quick Reply: What you think about the cobalt SS SC??