The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

What you think about the cobalt SS SC??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Administrator
Default RE: What you think about the cobalt SS SC??

i poop on those, gross[:@]

Old 02-01-2007, 01:44 PM
HCF Member

i watched an episode of redline tv.it was there time attack show...........guess what, the cobalt ss destroyed everything on the track from fwd,awd,rwd vehicles. it was pushing roughly 300hp and modded to hell. but it was still killing heavily modded vehicles includeing the hasport 4dr teggie which came in 2nd to the cobalt. i think its a great car, but would i buy one..........no. i like th ease of working on hondas and acuras. but you cant relly knock the car being its a well balanced car. id rather drive the ss in stock form than a 250hp civic.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:42 PM

i cobalt ss sc is a good car, the engine is made by saab, is a 2.0 ecotec, it makes power reliably until its 6500 rpm redline, it actually makes power past that but its limited stock. check out intense racing and zz performance, they specialize in gm cars.

i work at a saturn dealer and a tech has an ion redline (same thing as a cobalt ss sc) he has a 2.7' pulley, 3' downpipe, header, pcm reprogram, intake. its fast. he is pushing about 18-19psi of boost through the supercharger.

the only bad thing about them is there is a service bulliten about cracked transmissions that won't be warentied. its caused from excesive wheel hop. so to push any real amount of hp out of this car you need poly bushings in the front end to help eliminate the wheel hop.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:06 PM
HCF Member

i have heard nothing but crap about the suspension and handling. if you wanna trade the civic for that then i wont kill you. i can understand with yours being an 02 model. now if u had a 96-00 civic, id kick you. lol cause i like them the best.....2000 si NOW U TALKIN

Old 02-01-2007, 10:06 PM
HCF Member

Personally, not 100% a fan of the back of it(I'm picky, the tailights are killin' me), but the rest is pretty aggresive looking. My friend had just a base SS with the supercharger, and just crusin along at about 15mph in 1st , a tap on the gas spun the wheels like it was nothing. It was a fun car to drive, and I think really it comes down to which you are feeling better about. I love my Civic, so not trying to bash it at all, but as far as American cars go...another kid I know had a Silverado with 215k on it, and after an engine swap, it still ran great (a telephone pole ended its life; RIP K1500). Granted thats a truck, but still, Chevy does make a good vehicle.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:14 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: suckmycivic

Its an American car. Why would you buy one?
Please, my 43 year old "American Car" is worth more and is faster than a new civic..........even a SI

Old 02-02-2007, 12:09 AM
HCF Member

i enjoyed my 62 chevy 2......................

Old 02-02-2007, 06:25 PM
HCF Member

if couldn't have found a civic that was kinda close, i was going to get a cobalt and might still get one once i get the loan paid off

Old 02-03-2007, 12:55 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

ORIGINAL: suckmycivic

Its an American car. Why would you buy one?
Please, my 43 year old "American Car" is worth more and is faster than a new civic..........even a SI
"They don't build them like they used to"

Old 02-03-2007, 01:37 AM
HCF Member

to many ppl saying the C word (chevy) i dont care how bad it will out run my civic its a chevy. we had one for a retail car cause someones car got wreaked not ss of course.. but we put coke crates under the back tires and had fun those tire were no where near round when it went back.. hahaha

Quick Reply: What you think about the cobalt SS SC??