The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

What you think about the cobalt SS SC??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 02:58 AM
HCF Member
Default What you think about the cobalt SS SC??

Well i'm a sales consultant at a chevy dealership and i was wondering what you all think about the Chevy Cobalt SS supercharged. I been looking at this vehicle more and more (because its in our showroom along with corvette lol) and itis anice car and i was debating on trading in my 02 civic for one. So how you think they perform. I know the Cobalt SS supercharged is stocked with a 205hp 2.0L Ecotec engine and with an extra 500 bucks (cheaper than a turbo for a civic) you can get a stage 1 to boast that to 236hp and with a stage two kit which runs $750 (cheaper than a civic turbo) will give you 241hp with 218ib of torque. And keep in mind that just the engine you can also get the regular easy mods like I/H/E to increase the hp even more. And the leather interior is nice as well and i test drove one and it runs great, but anways i guess you can say since workingat chevyi kinda grown to em but dunno if i want to trade in my car forone. And sinse i work there i can get it cheaper. And of course i'll mod it both engine and apperance so it'll look great.

Here are a few pics of the car: http://autos.yahoo.com/2006_chevrole...oupe-pictures/
Info vid: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=104953

and this is the one i'm thinking of buying/trading for: http://pierrechevrolet.com/vehicle.a...p;Model=Cobalt

and yeah i can get it cheaper than what we asking for it lol

Old 02-01-2007, 03:02 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: What you think about the cobalt SS SC??

I dont really like them... they look more generic than civics...

Old 02-01-2007, 03:57 AM
HCF Member

What kind of question is that?

*slaps B!@ckBoYwiTaC!v!c in the back of the head*

CIVIC PRIDE

Old 02-01-2007, 06:41 AM
HCF Member

I like them, but you won't see the same long term reliability as a honda...but i like them a lot, good performers (relatively)

Old 02-01-2007, 06:44 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

They're alright as far as acceleration is concerned. I took a few pretty tight runs with one on my lunch break one day, I was suprised it moved as well as it did.

From what I hear though, everything else sucks, from the aesthetics to the suspensions. But, thats all hear-say, I've never been in one

Old 02-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Ben

A supercharged motor only having 215 hp? Maybe its just me but that doesn't sound too great?

Old 02-01-2007, 08:11 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

i dont like the cobalts at all....

Old 02-01-2007, 10:19 AM

Its an American car. Why would you buy one?

Go look up the dependability ratings on consumer reports.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:22 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021

What kind of question is that?

*slaps B!@ckBoYwiTaC!v!c in the back of the head*

CIVIC PRIDE
*ouch* lol. Never said it was better than a civic lol. But just asking what yall thought bout them and i'm pretty sure they arent as reliable as a civic so i'm goining to asked my used car sales manager to see if he can find a 2000 civci si or something.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:32 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Ben

A supercharged motor only having 215 hp? Maybe its just me but that doesn't sound too great?
and you have to take in to consideration the weight of the car. Its light. So 215hp for a civic can burn some tires and add a stage 2 kit and get that up to 241hp and then add in aftermarket I/H/E and you can get that up to 255 or even 260hp if u get the right stuff on a light car.

Quick Reply: What you think about the cobalt SS SC??