The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

What it with you guys anyway?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Default What it with you guys anyway?

Before I start I just want to stay I'm not here to start a fight I just want to understanad. I joined the forum because my wife crashed our jetta and I need a replacement. I noticed this section and started reading, and it reminded me of every Honda that ever tried me.

I own a modified Corvette, (I'm a mechanic) and every time I take her out for a spin, an import driver tries me. One guy in a Civic beat me a few years ago, he had about $20,000 under his hood (NOS, turbo) but the body of his Civic was completely stock,and that convinced me was serious about racing. That's the only time a Civic ever came close. I had a few Mits 3000gt's, Supras, and Rx-7's give me a run for my money, but they rarely win. The vast majority of imports in the bay area have a body kit, spoiler, high pitch muffler, and nothing else.

My question is, why even try?

What's the point of making it look racy instead of actually making it racy?

If you guys can give me some good answers I might pick an import for my next build. I am somewhat fascinated by the simplicity of building imports, and how fast it's possible to get them to go because of their weight.

I'm just irritated by so-called street racers who make so much noise about how fast imports are, but I rarely see true built up imports next to me at streetlights.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Administrator
Default RE: What it with you guys anyway?

i love how you say "what is it with you guys" like its any of us. why not take the time to get to know any of us before pointing fingers and making it seem like all honda owners do this. thank you.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:53 AM

Your right, I apologize.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:08 AM
mxs
HCF Member

Moved to off-topic.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:13 AM
HCF Member

My car is slow...ill admit it. I dont try and race people though, I like having a good looking car...mabey one day ill upgrade to speed, it would be nice. But I dont really need it to much.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

OMGWTFBBQ~?!?!?!/21111 the almighty Corvette owns all!!!

How bout more details on this modded street rapist you speak of?

Old 02-13-2007, 11:42 AM
HCF Member

You pretty much just summed up the word, "rice." There are some that are into the show car theme( body kits, giant chrome wheels, etc...), but you will find that most of us on this site are more interested in performance than "bling."

For me, I like the underdog role (see avatar). Anybody can go pick up a crate motor and drop in in an old Nova or whatever, but you rarely see "muscle car" guys doing more than bolt-ons. When was the last time you saw a Camaro driving around with a laptop tweaking his fuel map?

The other thing is, it's not just about straight lines .How hard is it to stomp on the gas pedal and let off after 1320? My buddy found this out the hard way when I took him to an AutoXwith his 550+rwhp procharged, ram-air TA and wore his *** out.

One final note, muscle car guys are always talking about Honda's lack of Hp and/or displacement. "Yer are missing half yer engine, boy!" When in all actuality it ought to be the import enthusiast ribbing muscle car guys about their relative lack of volumetric efficiency.

LS2 ('07 Corvette)- 8 cyl, 6.0L = 400Hp = 66.66 Hp/L
- and this is Chevy's flagship

Run of the mill B16 - 4cyl, 1.6L = 160Hp = 100Hp/L
- Yer missing half yer horsepower, boy!!
- and that's not even getting into something like the B18C5...
a 195-hp, 1.8-liter, dual-overhead-cam, 16-valve VTEC inline 4-cylinder engine that puts out more hp-per liter than any other normally aspirated mass-produced engine in the US.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:49 AM
HCF Member

what is racy?

Old 02-13-2007, 11:50 AM

What is it with you Corvette owners who buy $50,000 dollar cars when you can get that same amount of power, if not more, for a fraction of the price. Are you trying to compensate for something?

Let me add another thing: You come onto our forum and act like a generalizing jack *** and think we are suppose to bow down to a Corvette? Like My04Civic said, get to know us before you start generalizing. It makes you look like a dumb *** anyways.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:52 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: streetsniper

When was the last time you saw a Camaro driving around with a laptop tweaking his fuel map?

The other thing is, it's not just about straight lines .How hard is it to stomp on the gas pedal and let off after 1320? My buddy found this out the hard way when I took him to an AutoXwith his 550+rwhp procharged, ram-air TA and wore his *** out.

One final note, muscle car guys are always talking about Honda's lack of Hp and/or displacement. "Yer are missing half yer engine, boy!" When in all actuality it ought to be the import enthusiast ribbing muscle car guys about their relative lack of volumetric efficiency.

LS2 ('07 Corvette)- 8 cyl, 6.0L = 400Hp = 66.66 Hp/L
- and this is Chevy's flagship

Run of the mill B16 - 4cyl, 1.6L = 160Hp = 100Hp/L
- Yer missing half yer horsepower, boy!!
- and that's not even getting into something like the B18C5...
amen Sniper, i love that post

i think everyone on this site agrees wtih you. Nobody likes the riced out cars that have nothing under the hood. But please dont stereotype, becasue the majority of this site will admit that there ARE just 4 bangers that aren't corevettes, and they are slow. Alot of the time people will actaully say "come on now, your not driving a Corvette!" on this site. So take it easy man, we all understand your frusteration, and we all agree.

And imports ftw by the way, gotta love Civics

Quick Reply: What it with you guys anyway?