The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.
View Poll Results: A poll
1999 Mitsu Eclipse GS Spyder
0%
1997 Mitsu Eclipse GS-T Spyder
82.35%
fix the old bronco and drive it
17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

What would you rather have gs or gs-t

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Administrator
Default RE: What would you rather have gs or gs-t

md, what was your best, stock with your civic? my buddy's 420a has run a best of 15.80 with the bottle empty...and with the bottle it turned in a 15.001 with a 55 shot, and a 14.93 with a 65 shot. the motor has been rebuilt, but he has a stroker to go into the car, so he hasnt done anything to the original motor except for a top end rebuilt because i blew the motor last summer..

Old 02-18-2006, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: md420

I would not buy either one.

I am a big fan of the 1st gen cars in other words the REAL DSM's. Hunt down a 92 Eclipse GSX or GS-T. They dont weigh as much plus it has one of the best 4 cyl. engines ever produced allready in it. You can get a bigger downpipe, charge piping, upgrade the intercooler, and up the boost all on a piggy back and see 300whp with no problem at all. The only truely bad issue's with the Mitsu's I have noticed is the crank walk issues but that is there in the 2nd gen gs-t's also. A side note for Patrick, the 2nd Gen Spyders that were N/A did not have the 420a in them, they had a DOHC version of the 4G64
+1 on this. 1G's are more well built, faster, and lighter. The crank walk didn't really become an issue until the 2G's, so I wouldn't sweat that.

Old 02-18-2006, 07:17 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Patrick

md, what was your best, stock with your civic? my buddy's 420a has run a best of 15.80 with the bottle empty...and with the bottle it turned in a 15.001 with a 55 shot, and a 14.93 with a 65 shot. the motor has been rebuilt, but he has a stroker to go into the car, so he hasnt done anything to the original motor except for a top end rebuilt because i blew the motor last summer..
I ran a 16.1 best stock

Old 02-18-2006, 08:31 PM
HCF Member

come to pa pat.. i will give you a ride in it...

Old 02-18-2006, 08:33 PM
HCF Member

ive always loved the 2nd gens... and my friend has an eclipse soo i figured why the heck not... im planning on rebuilding the civic if someone doesnt buy a majority of it by summer.. try to do a 5 speed swap myself.. and then turbo it.. make it a drag car...... but yeah... who knows...

mxs.. yes im getting a thing that put me in this mess i will be the only 2ndgen spyder in this area

Old 02-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Administrator

wait wait..so this friend has a 140/141hp, stock GS...how long is this interstate ramp? a stock, 5 speed GS/RS is only good for maybe high 15s, at/around 86-88mph...my buddy's car, which i ran at the track last year, with the 55 shot wont even keep pace top end with the stratus...for some reason i thought that you were closer to the PA/OH border, and i woudl have stopped by next time i drive home..but youre too far into the state for me to drive...

Old 02-19-2006, 12:43 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Patrick

wait wait..so this friend has a 140/141hp, stock GS...how long is this interstate ramp? a stock, 5 speed GS/RS is only good for maybe high 15s, at/around 86-88mph...my buddy's car, which i ran at the track last year, with the 55 shot wont even keep pace top end with the stratus...for some reason i thought that you were closer to the PA/OH border, and i woudl have stopped by next time i drive home..but youre too far into the state for me to drive...

i didnt say hp... i said i had it up to. 145.. i meant mph... sorry... i doubt its anywhere close to 140 hp..haha... i dunno.. its an 00 rs 5 speed short shift cold air and a can on the back... the ramp i can only hit about 80 going down cause i dont like the fly off that ramp theres a cop spot just off the end of it.. soo after that cop spot theres about a mile to the next exit.. i punch if when i dont see the cop sitting there and hit 145 as my top speed probably about 1/4 mile from the ramp.. that was with a dusting of snow on the ground too... not saying we cant get it faster when we get up to speed more.... im only about an hour in from the border.. i drive out to summit racing on the weekends for fun sometimes.. im headed to bed.. night hcf!!!

Old 02-19-2006, 12:53 AM
HCF Member

I can see it doing 145mph because me and my buddy had his 00 5 speed gs up to that when it was stock but I assure you it did not get to that speed in any "quick" fasion. They are like mid 16 second cars at best i would think. The cars are pigs and like I said in another post that I cant remember where it's at but no Mitsu is worth a crap unless boosted. I dont know about the 4G Eclipse with the 260hp V6 in it as I have never rode in one or drove one but up untill that car was brought out I stand behind what I said.

Old 02-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Administrator

the 3gen coupes/2g strats respond very well to minor mods...ive seen a stratus 5 speed with headerback/ecu/small shot tickle the 13s...and im just curious what youre basing that opinion on Md, seeing as how there are few cars here that will beat my stock auto dodgubishi?

Old 02-19-2006, 11:43 AM
HCF Member

uh ohhhh i think someone just called you out for a race md.. haha i would love to get a brand new clipse.. but i dont like the round body.. if i were to buy a brand new one i would get a si.. btw.. after searching for the last 4 months i finally found the hot wheels civic si!! yay... i have wanted it forever now.. i got 2 of those..and a civic type r.. but its just the civic si with type r badges that looks like a ricer!

Quick Reply: What would you rather have gs or gs-t