The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.
View Poll Results: A poll
1999 Mitsu Eclipse GS Spyder
0%
1997 Mitsu Eclipse GS-T Spyder
82.35%
fix the old bronco and drive it
17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

What would you rather have gs or gs-t

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 03:28 PM
HCF Member
Default What would you rather have gs or gs-t

im looking in to getting a mitsubishi eclipse gs or a gst.. they both have almost the exact mileage. but

the gs-t is a 97 for 9995
and the gs is a 99 for 8400..

like i said the mileage is off just by 4000 miles.. the gst has less... other then that i cant tell a difference..

they both have all power options and leather seats.. both the rag tops look superb.. and other then that i see no difference between the gs and the gst... minus the 140 in the gs and the 201 in the gst.. but if i got the gs i could turbo it right?? get better boost anyway? any ideas

oh..and unless someone wants the engine and body right now i decided they should stay together.. but i will still sell the rest of my civic off.. just will keep the engine one piece that way if i decide to rebuild over the summer i wont have problems having to scramble to get replacement stuff

Old 02-17-2006, 04:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What would you rather have gs or gs-t

im personally not a fan of convertables. but i would go for the GST

Old 02-17-2006, 04:52 PM
HCF Member

i hate eclipse convertibles, but IMO those are the best looking eclipses generationwise, but i dotn like the convertables.

look for a 2nd gen GS-T. those can be made pretty quick.

Old 02-17-2006, 07:13 PM

If you were going to actually boost the GS yourself, I would do that. Honestly. My bfs brother had a 97 gs-t, hardtop, and they have lots of problems with the turbo. Plus the stock turbo is pretty small. But if youre going to procrastinate, like I honestly usually do, then I guess I would buy the gs-t. But remember..half the fun is getting there. DIY. On another note, I had a gs, and it was quite sloww... And remember, Mitsu's use a lot of oil and water. Never neglect it, or it will come back to bite you in the ***.

Old 02-17-2006, 07:25 PM

How is this even a hard question?

Get the GS and do a 6-bolt JDM "cyclone" swap into it. Or get the GST and buy an EVO III 16G.

Old 02-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Administrator

a friend of mine has a 420a stroker with a 20g turbo with fully built internals, and its building over 400whp...but it was expensive..i believe that the full kit (non-stroker) for the 420a is something liek 12 grand...i woudl go with the GST...cant go wrong with the 4g63.

Old 02-17-2006, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

Id get the GST........but id haggle the crap out of the price. I don know much about mitsus....does the GST have factory forged internals?

Old 02-17-2006, 11:15 PM
HCF Member

minor changes on the block.. someone on the mitsu forum said that its just like an 1/8 inch thicker.. i wanna get the gs.. i think only cause its closer... thank you lowred.. i forgot you had an eclipse... my friend as an rs.. and that suckers fast..soo as long as i can keep with him im ok.. not like i need more speed anyway.. i tend to have low speed accidents.. soo i need a car to get me soo im more cautious.. plus ive always wanted a 2 g.. or a spyder.. why not put them together

Old 02-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Administrator

wait..your friend has a FAST RS? i hope that it is heavily, HEAVILY modded...

you know what RS and GS stands for, dont you?

Old 02-18-2006, 11:24 AM
HCF Member

really slow? goes slow?? actually the only mods he has is cai and a can put on the back.. short throw shifter... i can get it up to 145 just off the interstate...

Quick Reply: What would you rather have gs or gs-t