The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.
View Poll Results: A poll
Bank loan time!
100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: what would you do?

I think I'll probably end up saving up for it at least until July... the way I figure it, I should have at least $2000 saved up without much trouble by then. When July comes around, I'll probably either just take the money out of my bank account or take out like a $1500 loan to pay for the rest of the swap.

And I'm definitely doing my research... it probably helps that I've already done research on h22 swaps since like a year ago I was toying with the idea of one (this time I'm hell-bent on actually doing it), so I have a few DIY's and write-ups saved. The h22 really doesn't weigh much more than a B16 swap (50lbs or so)... the way I figure it, that's just as much as a turbo setup would weigh. But I think my Ground Control coilovers will be up to the task.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:26 PM
HCF Member

Just save man. Dont have the bills and stuff overload because you couldnt wait. Im the same way, I want something so bad and cant afford and think about just getting the credit card out, but I save instead and Im investing 1,500 right now, have 4,000 in my savings, and $900 in my safe in my room. Saving the money is the way to go.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:32 PM

I had a serious **** load of student loans I just paid off, I mean a **** load, I could have bought a porsche for these students loans, and repayment was like 200months terms....[:@][:@][:@][:@]

Now, I will never take a loan for anything except a mortgage...even cc I dont touch; I had a big balance at once time, like 1-2 civics worth, LOL...

Since youre still a young guy, please just save up and pay cash for your stuff or go without!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...then if anything happens you dont have any monthlypaymentsto worry about...and you save thousands in interest...

Old 01-07-2008, 07:04 PM
HCF Member

^^^ Exactly. Build your credit up! Saving is great, but credit will save you WAY more in the future. Just dont mess iti all up by missing a payment. Also, when you go to get your loan, try to get the BEST rate you can.

Oh, and you better post up the pics of the install!!!!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

do a 5 speed conversion on the Z6 and boost it.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Super Cereal Admin

^ That's what I was originally planning... but when I was reading through all the how-to's, I found out that it's almost impossible to swap the transmission without pulling the whole engine. Also, there's quite a list of little pieces (hell, Honda doesn't even use the same bolts on half the stuff!) that I'd have to get, wheras with an h22 swap, all I have to get is the pedal assembly/hydro system/throttle cable/etc. I figure if I'm pulling the whole engine, I might as well just get a bigger one while I'm at it... I did the math, and an h22 swap will cost the same, if not a few hundred less, than the boosted manual z6. Not to mention I was aiming for about 175hp at the wheels with the turbo... that's right around where an H22 would be at the wheels with i/h/e. (not to mention how sweet b- and h-series valve covers look when done right )

And you'll get your pics, matt... hell, I plan on doing a D-to-H swap guide (since, unfortunately, HCF doesn't have many concrete facts about h's since there's only a few inactive members with the swap). I got a new digital camera and a 2-gig memory card for christmas, so expect lots of pics

Old 01-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Super Cereal Admin

oooookkkaayyy... so the h22 might not happen...

I just got off the phone with my friend who's friend's friend is selling his 'teg with a "b16 motor" for $500... the motor runs (alex (my friend) says he thinks the owner swapped it, but it might be a b18, not a b16) and it's a 5-speed (meaning literally everything I'll need for both the engine swap and 5-speed conversion will be sitting in my driveway), the body's just in bad shape. So I figure f*** the h22 if I can get even a b16 for $500... I mean, it's the whole car for crying out loud! $500 is what you'd pay for a d16 on ebay (isn't that right, kokasian? ) I'll strip the car and sell it to a scrap yard for $200... or (in all reality) I'll sit it in my grandparents' yard (they live in the middle of the woods) under a cover and think of a game plan with it. Now I guess I'll have the money for all those fun things I wanted to do (racing seats, EK skirts, etc.) , now won't I?

I'm freakin' excited

Old 01-08-2008, 03:46 PM
HCF Member

I say sell your car, buy the junker, and rebuild it completely.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:48 PM
HCF Member

Sounds like a good plan to me...I'd definately jump on that if it was available...plus with it in the other car running you'll be able to find out if it needs anything first...maybe build it up some before you drop it in the civic....nice find though....lucky.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:53 PM
HCF Member

save up bro, i think thats a bad move to make and how much will interest cost u?, jus wait and save up, youll enjoy it morwe knowing that you dont have to worry aobut payments

Quick Reply: what would you do?