The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

What music do you guys like?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 07:24 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: What music do you guys like?

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

anything forty throws up, i listen to. garuntee it.
haha, likewise for me. Anything Nail I3unny puts up, I either already listen to, or I go looking for it immediately.

has anyone ever heard of Mindless Self Indulgence?
I saw them live a few years ago. It was them, then clutch, and headlining was System of a Down. The lead singer of MSI came out wearing a dress and a see through, tight **** mesh shirt. He was a total dick towards the crowd, and their entire band was boo'ed off stage accordingly. The drummer even got blasted in the head with a water bottle, they were horrendous. Needless to say, seeing them suck *** on stage and act like asshats, REALLY turned me off to them. I wonder if they've gotten better, I'll have to check it outl...

Old 02-06-2006, 07:45 AM

I listen to several types of music as well. I look for artistry in what I usually listen to. There is good stuff out there in all types of sounds. I like some for the lyrics, some for the instrumentals, and some for the hook or the way it makes me feel.

I like non traditional stuff that has diverse roots. I have been listnening to a lot of DMB, Black Eyed Peas, Old Stones stuff, Bill Withers, the Ramones, John Mayer, ACDC, Old Aerosmith, the Beastie Boys, Wycliff, 2Pac, and Warren G (specifically "regulators" I love that song!) As you can see quite a mix...oh and BTW I was listening to an Enya CD a couple of weeks ago...Hey I'm Irish...I'm entitled.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:48 AM

Hahah Amg..I had to listen to Chants, Gregorian chants, and all the really really early polyphonic music for my music class. I think were mostly done with that section now. I laughed when I saw your post, because other than in class, I dont think Ive ever seen anybody bring up Gregorian Chants.

So I guess I really can say I listen to a bit of everything.. Since my music class CDs are in my car haha. I like rap/hip hop/r&b/pop, techno/dance, alternative/light/even some hard rock, and yes I will admit it, I LIKE COUNTRY. Let the flames begin. If you lived out here, once in a while youd see this white girl with her windows rolled up, and you can here country slightly cause she has it so loud in her car (but didnt wanna disturb everyone else). And probably singing along just as loud as her stereo is playing the music hahah.

Old 02-06-2006, 01:40 PM

I listen to rap mostly, but I like System of a Down, Korn, Disturbed, Sublime, 311 and bands like that

Old 02-06-2006, 02:44 PM

staind, system of a down, sublime, biggie, 50, game, bun b, stat quo... idk

Old 02-06-2006, 02:57 PM
HCF Member

Rap, real rap like J5, Wu-Tang, Biggie, Pac. Not this trendy *** south crap. In like 96 or so I really started to listen to alot of southern rap like Outkast, Scarface, 8-Ball/MJG, Bun-B. But ever sense Master P hit the scene he has ruined it with this chant/repeat yourself 50 million times in a song crap.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:55 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

has anyone ever heard of Mindless Self Indulgence?
I saw them live a few years ago. It was them, then clutch, and headlining was System of a Down. The lead singer of MSI came out wearing a dress and a see through, tight **** mesh shirt.
kinda sounds like MSI. theyre cool though. ive never seen them live but ive heard they put on a good show nowadays.

their most recent video was directed by Jhonen Vasquez (the guy who invented Invader Zim and did various comics like Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and I Feel Sick...Squee...ect)

Old 02-06-2006, 04:10 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

I saw them live a few years ago. It was them, then clutch, and headlining was System of a Down. The lead singer of MSI came out wearing a dress and a see through, tight **** mesh shirt. He was a total dick towards the crowd, and their entire band was boo'ed off stage accordingly. The drummer even got blasted in the head with a water bottle, they were horrendous. Needless to say, seeing them suck *** on stage and act like asshats, REALLY turned me off to them. I wonder if they've gotten better, I'll have to check it outl...
Man i heard that bottle thing on the music news section on much music a while back. they were going on like it was the crowds fault and that the band didn't do anything wrong, then they started going on about how the band was going to press charges., they even showed a video of it.

but yeah i would probably listen to most of the stuff that Nail and 40 listen too, i just got the Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache album the other day..Tres Bien

Old 02-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan
Man i heard that bottle thing on the music news section on much music a while back. they were going on like it was the crowds fault and that the band didn't do anything wrong, then they started going on about how the band was going to press charges., they even showed a video of it.
Those ****in' turds... They deserved every bit of b.s. they had to take that night. That's what happens when you suck *** on stage, and when no one claps for you, you throw a fit and start flicking your still burning cigarettes at the crowd... ********..

ANywho, back on topic, sorta.. I got 2 concerts in the next three days that I'm just pumped for.. City Of Evil tour tomorrow, Headlining is Avenged SEvenfold, with special guests CKY, Saosin, Death by Stereo, and more.. Then Friday I'll be in Detroit for IN FLAMES!!![sm=badbadbad.gif] They're headlining, and opening is ZAO (Dont really care for them, but haven't given them much of a chance), Devil Driver (friggin AWESOME), and TRIVIUM!!! I saw trivium at Ozzfest this summer, they were one of the top 5 performances that day, hands down. I'm friggin ecstatic...

Old 02-07-2006, 02:01 PM

i love cky^ thats awsome that you get to see them. that reminds me... i need to get there new cd!

Quick Reply: What music do you guys like?