The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

What music do you guys like?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 07:23 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What music do you guys like?

[sm=icon_rofl.gif] oh man i just saw that too LOL, i say we give him the award for best sig ever

Old 11-30-2005, 08:08 PM
HCF Member

hahaha...nice dj

oh yeah...im not afaid to throw this out there...im a big jazz guy. ive been into jazz for a long time cuz of my grandparents...plus im HUGE into guitar technique (a lot of excellent speed metal and prog rock has excellent technique), but nothing compares to a great jazz guitarist

im also into jazz for clarinet...ive been playing for quite a few years (since the fourth grade...i think...) and im gunna try to get into a jazz school on that

but since im a clarinetist (who are even bigger in to technique than guitarists..could be one of the instruments that takes the most finesse to play) im big into classical. mostly modern classical...barber, hindemith, lots of recent stuff that nobodys ever heard of. yeah...im a band geek...what can i say?

Old 11-30-2005, 10:21 PM
HCF Member

I guess there's no use flaming you now......You did all that without us!!! [sm=joke.gif]

Old 02-04-2006, 11:50 PM

I listen to some rap, but mostly rock. I listen to alot of System of a Down and Disturbed and OLD nirvana some of the old music is good for the ears.

Old 02-04-2006, 11:53 PM
HCF Member

rap/hip hop/techno/rock...paul wall, bun b, chamillionaire, mike jones, the killers, dj tiesto.....what ever the mood

Old 02-05-2006, 12:18 AM
HCF Member

yea i quoted ipirates sig the other day as i was walking around campus with my friend, and a mustang went by... and he was hysterical. but anyway onto the music... im basically a fan of everything though most rap/hip hop/r&b gets on my nerves bc it all sounds the same, though its a good workout for the system hehe... here some bands i like:

Relient K=my favorite, Brand New-> incredible, The Starting Line- oh yes amazing, Fall Out Boy, MCR, DCFC, Incubus, Nirvana, All-American Rejects, The Ataris, Soundgarden, Avenged Sevenfold, Puddle of Mudd, 3 Doors Down, Oasis, Weezer, Yellowcard, TBS, Papa Roach, Queen, RHCP, Rise Against, Rufio, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Saves the Day, Green Day, Everyday Sunday, 5 Iron Frenzy, Supertones, Dashboard, Crossfade, dc Talk, Creed, The Click 5, Casting Crowns, Chevelle, Bush, Burlap to Cashmere, Creed, Breaking Benjamin, Blink 182, Beck, Atticus, Authority Zero, David Matthews, Evanescence, Finch, Jack Johnson, Matisyahu, Hoobastank, Jars Of Clay, Lifehouse, Linkin Park, Metallica, MXPX, Mudvayne, NFG, Nickleback, Noise Ratchet, Papa Roach, Seether, Story of the Year, Switchfoot, Sugarcult, Strung Out, Third Day, Thursday, and so on... thats all i feel like typing at the moment...

that gives a good variance of the music i like... usually i stay with music that has good guitar riffs and chord progressions as i myself am a guitarist... thus the reason i stray away from rap.. no guitar. i would say im mainly in the punk category though...

Old 02-05-2006, 12:25 AM
Recognized HCF Member

anything but country

Old 02-05-2006, 10:27 AM

I'm really into Immortal Technqiue, Talib Kweli and Lil' Wayne, I listen to lyrical rap that has a meaning most of the time instead of the pop club beat rap.

White music-wise I listen to Jack Johnson, Motion City Soundtrack, RHCP and sometimes I'll rock out to Mindless Self Indulgence but I never understand what they're saying...

Old 02-05-2006, 12:18 PM

reprenent linkin Park

Old 02-05-2006, 02:13 PM
HCF Member

holy crap. when did this come back?

anything forty throws up, i listen to. garuntee it.

has anyone ever heard of Mindless Self Indulgence?

actually ive been getting into a lot of Indie lately. like the stuff that was originally 'emo', but then it split up into modern day 'indie' and modern day 'emo'. stuff like Cursive, Broken Social Scene, Coldplay, Ben Folds Five, Cake, Blind Melon, Bright Eyes, Everclear...stuff like that

disclaimer: ive been listening to Coldplay, Cursive, Cake, and Everclear for a couple years now

whoever mentioned DMB is my hero

Quick Reply: What music do you guys like?