The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

What Grinds My Gears

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 11:36 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What Grinds My Gears

A real hunter would jump out of the trees and start chewing on the deers neck before it knew what happened.
Hunters....I can understand sneaking around in wet grass for a day staying downwind of an animal, but with a high powered gun and scope....doesn't it seem a little unsporting? I mean what happened to mano-a-mano....grab that sucker by the horns and wrestle him to the ground..THAT'S the thrill of hunting.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to hear any type of firearm being cocked and readied for firing behind me in the dark. Which is another question for the women....are guns really a "guy" thing? How many of you women have gone to a range or gone plinking?

Old 03-08-2006, 07:04 AM
mxs
HCF Member

I never have, but nobody in my immediate family ever has either. I just didn't grow up around it at all.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:11 AM

Just fyi dj, buckshot is one large round inside a shotgun shell (as opposed to a lot of small ones). It is used for hunting large game, such as deer.

870 Express represent!

Old 03-08-2006, 08:46 AM
HCF Member

Ive only used brid shot. Dont plan on really going outside of it.

Old 03-08-2006, 10:21 AM

Once, a long time ago, I went camping with two of my uncles and cousins. This was a totally guy thing, no cabins, not even tents!! No bathrooms. I did a whole bunch of guy things that weekend. We went like hardcore offroading. Crashed a land cruiser while almost rolling it. Then I shot a gun for the first time. I didnt hunt or anything, just shot at targets at the other end of a field. It was the only time I did, and honestly, if we were gonna be shooting at animals, I wouldnt have participated. Those guns can throw you back too!

Old 03-08-2006, 10:30 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Dogmeat
How many of you women have gone to a range or gone plinking?
When I was younger my grandfather used to take me and my brother to the range all the time, and we were both members of the Junior NRA. And I was good. I should get back into it, come to think of it. Nither of us are into that now that we're older, though, although my grandfather has given my brother a couple of older guns that are like family heirlooms. I didn't get jack Anyway, my father used to go deer hunting, but with a compound bow. He always said he would take my brother and I when we were strong enough to pull back the bow, which I've never been able to do since I'm pretty small. I don't think I'd be able to kill a deer anyway. Just don't have it in me.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:47 PM

FYI They have slugs for that purpose, you...well rather...I wouldn't use shot.

But then again, I don't hunt.

ORIGINAL: 05 civic

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

well quail hunting is different . when i refer to hunting i mean dear hunting. ive never been quail hunting but ive been duck hunting, and you're right its a lot harder to hit a bird even with a shotgun. but i mean hunting as in deer hunting. sorry for that
You would have to be a tool to shoot a deer with a shotgun. You would get BB's everywhere, it would be a pain in the *** to eat lol.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:52 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kedawei

Just fyi dj, buckshot is one large round inside a shotgun shell (as opposed to a lot of small ones). It is used for hunting large game, such as deer.
CLARIFICATION: A slug is one large round while buckshot are the smaller BB's.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:45 PM
HCF Member

buckshot is packed nine large BBs into one, birdshot is tons of small pellets in one.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:43 PM
HCF Member

I wasn't sure how many BBs were in a buckshot round. Thanks.

Quick Reply: What Grinds My Gears