The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

What Grinds My Gears

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 12:26 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: What Grinds My Gears

Do you know what else grinds my gears? My wife while I'm stuck here in the desert. One of her friends is trying to teach her how to drive stick with my baby. "When you shift and it makes a grinding noise, is that a bad thing?" ARGH!!!

+10 for Nail I3unny for the synchros

Yeah, I was just minding my own business playing tetris and got blindsided with the blue screen of death. It just kept playing one note from tetris over and over and over. If I remember right it kept telling me that my OS was being eaten.

Old 03-06-2006, 10:52 AM
HCF Member

You know what grinds my gears? I used to be the assistant manager of a video game store. All the time, because I was a girl, people would ask me "Do you actually play video games?" No, Jackhole, I work here because I like being leered at by nasty, fat, smelly disgusting gamers like you. One a**hat actually tried to argue with me, telling me that girls only played mario and puzzle games. I went home and played some Chronicles of Riddick for release after that. For some reason, the sound of snapping necks made me feel better... is that wrong?

Old 03-06-2006, 12:35 PM

^ That kinda situation grinds my gears too! Not just video games, (honestly I dont play em) but the mentality that some men have, thinking that women cant do everything that they can do. I had a friend who acted like he had to do everything on my car.

By the way..Little Black Hatch, I dont think we've met. Im Amanda. Its nice to see some more girls on the forum again. Welcome!

Old 03-06-2006, 01:46 PM
HCF Member

Hi Amanda, I'm Mel! Nice to meet you too, and thanks for the welcome. This is an awesome forum, and I'm very glad I found it.

And back to the whole "women can't do everything men can do" mentality, I've decided that the positive attention I/you/we get from being interested in a "manly" pastime (cars/videogames) FAR outweighs the negative attention. That's something!

On another note, you know what else grinds my gears? When the pos vending machine we have here at work won't take my dollar. And it's the last one. And I NEED my caffine. And I know, in about 15 minutes, the caffine headache will start... not looking forward to that.

Old 03-06-2006, 04:22 PM
HCF Member

Wow, this thread turned out better than I thought it would. When I said that my wife was killing my car I wasn't trying to be sexist in the slightest. I was just saying that she isn't very good at the whole stick thing. Sure I want her to learn but not at the expense of my tranny. I think I may find her a beater truck or something to practice on so if she does end up hurting it then it's no big thing.

Hatch, have you ever gotten in trouble for beating up a vending machine? And it may have been a little wrong to enjoy the sound of snapping necks, that is of course if you kept saying "Die fat little gaming punk, DIE!!!!"

Oh yeah, +3 for jackhole and +23.5 for a**hat
Quite inventive.

Old 03-06-2006, 04:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Little Black Hatch

Hi Amanda, I'm Mel! Nice to meet you too, and thanks for the welcome. This is an awesome forum, and I'm very glad I found it.

And back to the whole "women can't do everything men can do" mentality, I've decided that the positive attention I/you/we get from being interested in a "manly" pastime (cars/videogames) FAR outweighs the negative attention. That's something!

On another note, you know what else grinds my gears? When the pos vending machine we have here at work won't take my dollar. And it's the last one. And I NEED my caffine. And I know, in about 15 minutes, the caffine headache will start... not looking forward to that.
i love it when my girlfriend and i get dirty working on our cars together. she has a 96 EX btw.

ORIGINAL: Little Black Hatch

One a**hat actually tried to argue with me, telling me that girls only played mario and puzzle games.
i say asshat and everyone makes fun of me. they're all "what's an asshat" and i start explaining some b.s. then they walk away confused.

Old 03-06-2006, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: baker

i love it when my girlfriend and i get dirty working on our cars together. she has a 96 EX btw.
/jealous

Old 03-06-2006, 05:18 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: silverbullet

Wow, this thread turned out better than I thought it would. When I said that my wife was killing my car I wasn't trying to be sexist in the slightest. I was just saying that she isn't very good at the whole stick thing. Sure I want her to learn but not at the expense of my tranny. I think I may find her a beater truck or something to practice on so if she does end up hurting it then it's no big thing.
I didn't think that you were being sexist, it didn't even cross my mind. So we're sill cool, homeslice. *virtual pounds*

Hatch, have you ever gotten in trouble for beating up a vending machine?
Nah, vending machines are bigger than me. It'd pwn me.

And it may have been a little wrong to enjoy the sound of snapping necks, that is of course if you kept saying "Die fat little gaming punk, DIE!!!!"
See, I was playing as Riddick, I was probably too busy fantasizing to think about the fact that I was killing... oooohhhhh Vin Diesel...

Oh yeah, +3 for jackhole and +23.5 for a**hat
Quite inventive.
Wait wait wait... a**hat gets 20.5 more points than jackhole?! Jackhole is SO much better, cause it's like swearing, but not! I demand a recount. (but thank you for the compliment anyway. I can't claim a**hat, but I'm pretty sure that jackhole is mine)

ORIGINAL: baker
I just need a boy to work on our cars together and I'd be set.

I second /jealous

Old 03-06-2006, 05:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: silverbullet

Do you know what else grinds my gears? My wife while I'm stuck here in the desert. One of her friends is trying to teach her how to drive stick with my baby. "When you shift and it makes a grinding noise, is that a bad thing?" ARGH!!!
Maybe your car should magically stop working when you leave. Take the ground off the ECU or cause some other electrical problems.

Old 03-06-2006, 05:39 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness
Maybe your car should magically stop working when you leave. Take the ground off the ECU or cause some other electrical problems.
That's so mean! [:'(] She has to learn some how, right?

Quick Reply: What Grinds My Gears