The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

The what do you do for a living thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 11:55 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: The what do you do for a living thread

Name's Ray
New York
Married and expecting a baby girl in March (can't wait)

I'm a Research Assistant for the New York City Housing Authority. My primary function is aiding people with disability find accessible apartments in New York City. I also ensure that the Housing Authority comply with all federal, state and city disability laws.

I have a 2005 LX Civic and my immediate plans is to install a Header, High Flow Cat, Projector Headlights, lowering springs and a throttle body.

As for the job, I'm thinking of switching careers and becoming a police officer.

Old 12-19-2005, 12:36 PM

ORIGINAL: shellebelle

That's funny, I was simply a "teller" and a "merchant teller" (merchant teller is a lot more fun). I guess BofA isn't as PC as Wells Fargo In any case, my step mom worked in Wells Fargo's loan department for a time. I'll have to ask her what she thought of it (aside from her idiot donuthin' boss). Good luck with your plans--mine are pretty much get out of college, get a full-time job, buy a house, and go from there. Hehe...
Sweet! Is a merchant teller like a lead teller or like a personal banker? Its funny cause everyone has different terms. Even within WF like our different regions use different terms. Central Cali calls tellers CA's (Customer Assistants). WF mortgage tried to kinda recruit my mom to work there. When she signed our purchase contract our developers prefferred lender was WF so she did a little work with them for our house. But she said her mortgage company pays more. I just wanna stay with WF til then cause they will pay for all of my school lol.

And my hidden romance...isnt a CSSR a customer service rep. Like the position above a teller, that people usually work as while they go to banker school. Like you have teller and banker duties. Thats our meaning for it anyway. Good luck with the job! Let us know what happens!

Old 12-19-2005, 12:46 PM
HCF Member

my_hidden_romance: Pilot or load?

Old 12-19-2005, 03:45 PM
HCF Member

customer service and sales rep...yeah.. its a dual job..but no schooling required..thats their entrance job.....i was on a tour flight with my dad...hes a flt eng. c 141 starlifter...hes moving to c 5... i was just sitting space a.. cause the guys love me there in ohio

Old 12-19-2005, 04:09 PM
HCF Member

Amanda, merchant tellers at BofA handle all the business deposits and change orders. Most branches have a separate line or secured booth for merchants. I liked it because you got to deal with the big cash, change orders were kind of fun (you got really strong hauling boxes of quarters around), and I think I liked it the most because you got to know the merchants better and they always had their stuff together and were ready to go, unlike the rifraff in the regular line. It wasn't uncommon to have $120k go through your hands in one day and I always balanced to the penny (I was SUPER careful!). You also got to close down a bit earlier because you had so much to do at the end of the day. Banking itself was just fine and dandy with me, I just got tired of dealing with customers

Old 12-19-2005, 05:16 PM

OO ok. And I kno what you mean about dealing with the customers. My branch is pretty small so most of the customers are regulars..and really nice. But a few customers a day are just rude. This guy tried to tell me that I was the specified person to notorize his home equity loan. I was like umm, you can pay me the $100 most notarys charge for one loan, and I'll witness that I saw you sign it, but I dont have any license or anything. He like didnt believe me that I wasnt a notary. But banking can be pretty fun. Im always in balance. The other day I was a damn nickel over and I got so frustrated cause I couldnt figure it out. LOL and just for a nickel.

Old 12-19-2005, 05:25 PM
HCF Member

Sometimes you get jacked on a roll of coins (even the plastic wrapped ones from the cash vault). Happened a few times with pennies.

Old 12-19-2005, 05:29 PM

yea. and a lot of times in my branch we forget to do buy sells. Last weekend I was 2k over and my manager was 2k short but it took us an hour to remember about the buy/sell cause we were both to busy going thru all our work. Haha its nice talkin to someone about banking cause none of my friends get what Im sayin when I talk about it. Thanks!

Old 12-19-2005, 05:31 PM
HCF Member

Bill
1-wife
1-boy
1-stupid dog[:@]

i've been messing with cars since about '78--ive been working in garages since '80-- im an a.s.e. certified tech for the past 15+yrs --im now employed at a small 2 bay gas/service station for the past 12 years---which i plan on owning in a few years when my boss retires

plans for the future: make tons of $$$& retire in about 25 years---yeah right

Old 12-19-2005, 05:44 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 2000 LoW reD Si

yea. and a lot of times in my branch we forget to do buy sells. Last weekend I was 2k over and my manager was 2k short but it took us an hour to remember about the buy/sell cause we were both to busy going thru all our work.
Hehehe...BTDT!!!

Quick Reply: The what do you do for a living thread