The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

The what do you do for a living thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 11:12 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: The what do you do for a living thread

damm. there are a LOT of design/internet-employed people in this forum.

I do freelance graphic/multimedia design, when I'm not slumming doing marketing work for a hospital system. lol.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:15 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mad7s

Good stuff. I can't dig desk jobs either. Whatn do you do in the valley? The oil tanker exploding last week was pretty sweet.
Yeah, I drove right by there on the 15 literally a half hour before it happened. I was in Chula Vista when it went up and we could see the smoke cloud all the way down there. I never did bother to look up any of the news stories about it, I guess I should now

I work at the children's hospital in an injury prevention program. I get paid to teach parents about car seats n' stuff.

Michelle

Old 12-12-2005, 11:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicboy01

I just can't spell lisence, that's all, if I can do a skill, I don't need to know grammar...

not to sound like a bitch, but not many of you guys worth 12-12 manual labor days... so lay back alil on the spelling, I'm trying my best
everybody lay off the kid! he's got his whole life ahead of him to make his first million.

most of us have already wasted half our lives earning not even half that.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:55 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fran

ORIGINAL: mxs

Marnie, 25, I'm basically a book designer for a small university press. Started here as a grad assistant in 2002 and never left. I do design, photography, image processing, copy editing, proofreading, order fulfillment, etc... we're a pretty small operation, basically 2 of us running the whole show. it's good, I'm actually using what I learned in school. [sm=smiley20.gif]

I want your job
wanna cover for me tomorrow? I'll be making punch for the staff holiday party.

Skytanker, that is one sweet picture.

not many of you guys worth 12-12 manual labor days
I used to do 16+ hour shifts on a fairly regular basis. Not anymore though

Old 12-13-2005, 02:26 AM
HCF Member

I work at the children's hospital in an injury prevention program. I get paid to teach parents about car seats n' stuff.
That is a totally awesome and worthwhile job. Keep on.

Old 12-13-2005, 01:05 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicboy01

I just can't spell lisence, that's all, if I can do a skill, I don't need to know grammar...

not to sound like a bitch, but not many of you guys worth 12-12 manual labor days... so lay back alil on the spelling, I'm trying my best
I don't mean to offend you but please remember that I am an advocate of a good education......I worked day and night to get where I am today....took 8 years to finish college part time while working full time and part time jobs.....as for hanging with you on a 12-12 manual labor day, I am glad that I don't have to do that anymore. Just remember that when you are installing that 36" RCP (or DIP), the owner's not gonna "lay back a lil" just because you are doing your best.....it has to be right the first time or you pay to replace it.

Good Luck and I hope you decide to stay in school!

G

Old 12-13-2005, 01:07 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness
And vick, welcome to Illinois.
Thanks....I'm glad I only have to work there, it is too cold up north.....I live in Tennessee :-)

Old 12-13-2005, 01:41 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: XCM828

Tristan, 17, high school student in Fayetteville, NC. In my free time I'm a musician (mainly a drummer, but a little bass too) and I do a lot of autocross and work on my cars a lot. My parents are civil service. My plans for the future are to attend NC State University and become an engineer. I haven't decided what kind of engineering I will pursue, but I've been looking at mechanical, aerospace, nuclear, and various others. As of now, I don't have a job, but I will be getting one this summer because I've spent/will be spending a lot of my savings on the turbo for the Civic.

I grew up in Fayettnam

Old 12-17-2005, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

be glad you escaped. lol.

Old 12-17-2005, 07:42 PM

But seriously though, there is nothing to do in this town. Nothing.

BTW drbyers you say you had an impreza that you sold. Did you by any chance meet some guy in the Barnes & Noble parking lot to let him look at the car and two kids came up to you and asked you if they could look at the car?

Quick Reply: The what do you do for a living thread