The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

The what do you do for a living thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 09:27 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: The what do you do for a living thread

ORIGINAL: ef4life

i'm Jared

i work for a saturn dealership i drive parts and work the parts counter. i am almost an FAA certified A&P mechanic once i finish my testing.
I'm Gerald....I'm 35....and I am a HondaHaulic!!!! Actually, I am a Civil Engineer.... and as of last Friday I am now licensed in 3 states (Look out Illinois!!!)

I design roads, parking lots, drainage.....etc....etc.

Jared......you need to forward this picture to your boss....just my little way of sticking it to "the man!"

[IMG]local://upfiles/5240/F51D1B855756499CA4B99E72CE163458.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-12-2005, 09:40 PM

1. I work at RJ's Plumbing and Heating and Captial City Sewer Service(merged into one company)

2. I do alot for my age. I'm co-in-charge of a $550,000 dry well boring machine, I change oils, fluids, filters, I drop trailers and connect em back up, I power-wash all the vechicles quiet often. When we at the job site, installing drain fields, I lay the pipe, level it, and give commands on where to/ and how much stone to drop, when installing dry wells, I control the bucket, (roughly 3 tons, cost 5k a pop, we lose em monthly, one hit from the bucket, or slip age and you could fall 40 feet down, and die) so I have to be alert yet fast the entire day.

3. Aaron

4. I'm almost 15

5. My plans are huge. They are to drop out of high school at age 16(due to learning useless bull****) and to become a mastered plumber by age 20, and at that point, try to get my H-VAC lisence, and Sewer Service lisence as well. My plans could go on for awhile...

Old 12-12-2005, 09:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicboy01

5. My plans are huge. They are to drop out of high school at age 16(due to learning useless bull****) and to become a mastered plumber by age 20, and at that point, try to get my H-VAC lisence, and Sewer Service lisence as well. My plans could go on for awhile...
Good luck....keep working on that spelling!

Old 12-12-2005, 09:50 PM

5. My plans are huge. They are to drop out of high school at age 16(due to learning useless bull****)
Is that even legal?

Old 12-12-2005, 09:51 PM

I just can't spell lisence, that's all, if I can do a skill, I don't need to know grammar...

not to sound like a bitch, but not many of you guys worth 12-12 manual labor days... so lay back alil on the spelling, I'm trying my best

Old 12-12-2005, 09:56 PM
HCF Member

Im 17 and a senior in high school. Next year ill be at UIC school of engineering. I plan on majoring in computer engineering (that might change). Currently i don't have a job but i will be handing in my application for Autozone and Murrays later this week. Hopefully i can get the job and get project civic underway (built GSR motor + turbo). And vick, welcome to Illinois.

Old 12-12-2005, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

Tim

21 currently working for a compony called Connect North America, which is Contracted by Kippiny, which is contracted by Verizon..... i hate them....[:@][:@] i wish they didn't cancel my computer repair/network admin. progam that i was going to take for school......

I am that SOB that calls at teh most inappropriate times and tries to sell you bull**** phone service for verizon.... we call all over the us from maine, to florida, to cali. chances are i have even talked to some of you and just not known it. if you pick up the phone and you hear a blurb saying" Hi my name is Tim and i am calling on behalf of Verizon your phone compony..." tell me it is you so i won't even bother talking business.... i hate my job more than anything else in the world[sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif]

as for future plans, i want to actually get into a school where more than 3 people will apply for the same course so i can actually take it. maybe get into something with computers(like what Forty does) or maybe get into something with cars(prefferably hondas)...... hopefully sometime soon.... i am going crazy at my job... did i mention that i hate it[:@]

Old 12-12-2005, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mad7s

Kienan
Supervisor/Warehouse porter in the merchandise department at Qualcomm Stadium. Trust me, don't ever waste money on the Foam Hands. In the future I plan on getting my degree in International Relations, going to a different country, probably the somewhere in the Middle East, getting a job, and living there.
Hot dawg, I'm always down by the stadium. I drove right by it on Friday trying to find the IKEA! My office is on Aero, but I don't have a desk job and am only there once a week or so.

Old 12-12-2005, 10:56 PM
HCF Member

Hot dawg, I'm always down by the stadium. I drove right by it on Friday trying to find the IKEA! My office is on Aero, but I don't have a desk job and am only there once a week or so.
Good stuff. I can't dig desk jobs either. Whatn do you do in the valley? The oil tanker exploding last week was pretty sweet.

I just can't spell lisence, that's all, if I can do a skill, I don't need to know grammar...

not to sound like a bitch, but not many of you guys worth 12-12 manual labor days... so lay back alil on the spelling, I'm trying my best
While skilled labor is a huge and beneficial part of the workforce, and I'm happy to see you're looking to become an independent (I assume based off your list of goals) people are generally dissuaded from doing business with people who can't:
1. Read
2. Write intelligently
3. Speak intelligently
While it may not be a representation of how good your work is, people interpret it that way. There's a reason highschool and basic education are a must. IT-BENEFITS-YOU. But if you feel dropping out of school is in your best interests, then good luck achieving your "lisence." Maybe there are jobs available in Britain. And as for 12-12 manual labor days, I've experienced horrors well beyond. So don't go thinking that's something to add to your list of accomplishments. Just because many here exercise their neurons ands synapses, doesn't mean they don't know how to work long and hard.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:06 PM

Nothing wrong with being a skilled labor... just learn your craft well.... my dad was a steamfitter and did rather well... of course he went to college for business at first. I know many guys with their MBA's that can't spell worth a **** too. I admire you being a hard worker at such a young age.... not many people your age are. Just make sure if college is not right for you then at least take your GED as soon as they will let you... because I used to work in Human Resources and these days they require janitors to have a piece of paper of some kind.... that way if this career choice doesn't work for you then you can find something that will. Keep up the good work your in a great field

Quick Reply: The what do you do for a living thread