The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

The what do you do for a living thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 01:21 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: The what do you do for a living thread

Glad to see some older folks around here also!! Come to think of it my second car was a 72 Blue Civic. It has CVCC on the back!!lol

Old 12-12-2005, 06:55 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Tony

22 years old

IT Coordinator and Graphic Designer

I work for a company called Krispak, Inc. Its a family run business (not MY family, I'm the oddball). No one here is computer literate, at all, so I pretty much do what I want cause they don't know any better anyway, haha. I manage our servers, ones a file server, the other runs our custom designed inventory management software. Then I get to answer all the typical questions like "HELP, I THINK I CRASHED THE INTERNET!" or my favorite "my screen doesn't work..." the answer is always "TURN IT ON!!!!"

Very rarely I get to do graphic design, but, whattya gonna do. I like most of the people I work with, it pays good, and I'd be willing to bet that I have one of, if the THEE biggest office here

I love this job, and will stay here until my buddy and I open the business we've been discussing for the last couple years. Our goal is to have it open by 2007, at the latest.

Old 12-12-2005, 08:17 AM
HCF Member

Charlton

Promotional Marketing Broker. Anything with a logo I can do. Like the decals for example .

Another example

Old 12-12-2005, 08:42 AM

ORIGINAL: nemo

Glad to see some older folks around here also!! Come to think of it my second car was a 72 Blue Civic. It has CVCC on the back!!lol
Wahooo...... here I thought I was the oldest on here....lol

Old 12-12-2005, 09:03 AM

I'm Andrey, 19

Currently I work at a 5-star restaurant, bussing tables and valet parking. I'm also a full time college student - my major is international business relations. Also, I will be getting my real estate license in january, and hopefully that helps me find some good investment opportunities in R.E. market

Old 12-12-2005, 09:11 AM
HCF Member

Daniel

I work at a gas station and we also have tow trucks for CAA, i dont mind the job because you hardly do anything and its like 5 min walk from my house so i dont even have to drive..i want to get out tho. Im am currently a full time college student taking hotel and resort and im not sure what i want to do..ill see what oppertunitys pop up

Old 12-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Jas

I'm James, 19 and I currently attend college at University of Missouri-Columbia.
I work for SSA, CARE Program, and Marshalls/TJMaxx.
I was a Bio major for 1.5 years and now I'm a Business Management major.
My goal is to develop my own entertainment management company.
I want to sign and develop new singers and hopefully help make them stars.
I'll probably start off working for a record label, but I do hope that I can branch off and start my own company.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:36 AM

I'm Nathan, I'm 20, and I'm a mechanic/college student.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:46 AM
mxs
HCF Member

Marnie, 25, I'm basically a book designer for a small university press. Started here as a grad assistant in 2002 and never left. I do design, photography, image processing, copy editing, proofreading, order fulfillment, etc... we're a pretty small operation, basically 2 of us running the whole show. it's good, I'm actually using what I learned in school. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 12-12-2005, 12:32 PM

ORIGINAL: mxs

Marnie, 25, I'm basically a book designer for a small university press. Started here as a grad assistant in 2002 and never left. I do design, photography, image processing, copy editing, proofreading, order fulfillment, etc... we're a pretty small operation, basically 2 of us running the whole show. it's good, I'm actually using what I learned in school. [sm=smiley20.gif]

I want your job

Quick Reply: The what do you do for a living thread