The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
I've kicked out the back end with plenty of control a few times on accident in the rain.

Although when I did it on accident once in a EG sedan, I almost spun out getting on an onramp in the rain. I barely had control over that one. Maybe this del Sol just handles decent?

Name:  facepalmsilvia.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  58.8 KB

You literally can not get the same amount of control over a front-wheel drive drift that you can get out of a power-slide. Don't even bother arguing. You can't accelerate while keeping the back end out, which also means you can't use the throttle to keep the back end out. Yes, you can do a weight transfer drift in a FWD application, but compared to a RWD drift, you have next to no true control over the car.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I'm not sure if snorting the powder I was left with after eating Sour Patch Kids was a terrible idea or awesome idea. So far, I'm going with awesome.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

terribly awesome?

Old 10-22-2009, 09:48 PM

I have no problem keeping control of my car. Don't believe it if you want, whatever. You yourself even said this whole RWD>FWD is a bunch of BS, so I really don't get why you care so much.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:29 AM
Angry Admin

and you're butthurt... why idk *shrugs*
stock for stock rwd is a better platform for performance in every aspect; you must be able to see that. your suspension is modified and thats why you have far greater handling capabilities.

I'm tired and I have one class today. It is at 8 o'clock in the morning, what cruel sadistic person thought, "oh, lets wake the college students up very early so they can make a 20 minute drive to school each way for a 50 minute class." Yup, makes sense to me. The chances of me falling asleep in class are approximately 10:1. <---Look at that I'm using probability, I guess I am really learning something. WOOOO STATISTICS!!! FUСK YEA BITCHES!!!!

Old 10-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
I have no problem keeping control of my car. Don't believe it if you want, whatever. You yourself even said this whole RWD>FWD is a bunch of BS, so I really don't get why you care so much.
This is like f*cking arguing with a wall. First, I said FWDs can be made to handle as well as RWD cars. From the factory, they understeer like *****. As far as keeping control, you literally can f*cking not control a FWD car during a slide as well as you can a RWD. I'm not talking about bringing the back end behind the front wheels again, I'm talking about drifting. Even Justin understands that a RWD is more controllable during a slide than a FWD, so I don't know how you can't seem to grasp that simple concept. You have no power going to the rear wheels; you simply can not steer with throttle pedal. If you could, you'd see FF cars in drifting alongside FRs, MRs, and RRs.

And I didn't say you had a problem keeping control of your car. I said you can control a RWD car during a drift better than a FWD car. But no, we don't understand semantics, do we? So instead of actually reading and properly interpreting what I'm saying, you choose to argue like an ignorant f*ck. This is why none of the OG members like you.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:37 AM
March 2010 ROTM

Drifting is not for the FWD. End of argument. You can throw the rear end out and bring it back by gasing it, but you have no real control of holding it out there or steering once its out there. Not hard to grasp.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:03 PM

I understand the concept now. I suppose it just felt like I had control because really I just got lucky that it worked out. Oh and just to be clear, i'm not talking about a major slide, I mean just a little bit.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:06 PM
HCF Member

Okay a Show of hands.... Who has tasted the best candy ever made refered to as "Sour Patch Exploders"?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:22 PM

*hand raised