The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

What;s the dumbest mistake you've made on your car?...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 05:35 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What;s the dumbest mistake you've made on your car?...

ORIGINAL: xgrafcorex

ORIGINAL: Masonn

I took a corner too fast, and I scratched the curb... well,I hit the curb... but luckily there was only damage to the rim. No real damage to the tire other than a small gouge [&:]
haha i've done something like that...though luckily i didn't hit anything. took a left turn way too fast and before i knew it..i was facing the where i just came from. [] it was late and nobody was out on the road fortunately..but i wouldn't have tried taking it that fast if there were people there.
oh ya forgot about that one, i was driving really fast down the frontage road of the highway, and the road made a 90* turn to the right at the intersection of 2 highways, well anyway took that turn way too fast and started to tailslide, ragained control, but then hit a wet spot on the road and lost it again the other way and into the curb. ended up facing the way I came with a major gashes on the lip of my rim, but no actual damage, just cosmetic, but i did have to go get the tire checked.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:49 PM
HCF Member

I was puttin on some new springs and was workin on a bolt somewhere around the lower bearing. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get it off until after I snapped the head off.....I was turning the wrong way. had to drill that sucka out Lefty loosy righty tighty

Old 09-05-2007, 05:35 PM

stripped all my studs by putting standard lug nuts on the honda's metric thread.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:37 PM
HCF Member

Okay, possibly the dumbest thing I've ever done..........period.
It happened to me today. I have been tuning all of my cars that I've had from 17. I am now 28. Today, I was changing the spark plugs. I usually,
once I loosen the plugs, use a pen magnet to retrieve them from the plug chamber. I had gotten so use to the magnet....I was looking for it today and found that the magnet had broken off. So I drove around the whole island looking for another pen magnet.....about 2 hours.....and then it hit me....."@$$hole.....use the spark plug wires to take em out!!! DUHHHH!"

Another thing, I used a dish washing sponge to clean my car one time. When the sun hit it I was like oh shiat. All I saw was swirls from the pad.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:14 AM

Too fast around a corner and hit a tree sidways =( only 40mph or so too.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:01 AM
HCF Member

Here's one at least....

I was screwing around in a dirt lot and went to leave...I decided i wanted to spin the tires a little so i revved it up and (didn't quite) drop the clutch. I left it like halfway in or something....

The clutch was soooooooooooo soft it didn't even feel like it worked. Oh and my civic didn't want to accelerate either

Old 05-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Snail'n Admin

who the f*ck brought this back