The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

What;s the dumbest mistake you've made on your car?...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: What;s the dumbest mistake you've made on your car?...

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

ORIGINAL: Kolhoznik

I thought that leaving tools under the hood was a good idea....$600 later I knew that it wasn't
Whats the story there?

Left a 2' breaker bar on the intake manifold in my caravan. First tur and the thing goes flying into the belt, destroying two pulleys and breaking the belt...also in put a nice hole in the mani from when it came flying off of the belt...

Old 04-18-2006, 10:31 AM
HCF Member

Sweet. Dude how the hell do u miss a 2' breaker bar?

Once I was doin some girls brakes......and she gave me the rear rotors (very thin) and I was sitting there trying to figure out why they wouldnt fit on the front.......seriously spend 30 mins on that, then checked the other rotots and felt like an ***.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Cat Fuсker

Well I don't know...I guess guiness had a big part in it

Old 04-18-2006, 11:07 AM
HCF Member

I have done the oil cap thing on my old car. but in this car i think it will have to be gathering a collection of speeding tickets. lol. I mean its almost as if they target me b/c they hear me coing from a mile away. they thinik i'm doing a hundred and im really doing 92. sucks huh. just kidding i have deserved every damn ticket i have gotten. i just havent learned frorm them yet. i blame it on my ADHD. did you know that kids with ADHD have higher risk driver's habits. and then have the tendency to get more speeding tickets. I wonder if that would would hold up in court what do yiou think?

Old 04-18-2006, 11:35 AM
HCF Member

strip the one bolt that holds my lug nut on[:@]

Old 08-22-2007, 09:00 AM

...I know this is an old thread, but still better than making a new one?!

Back in my audio head days, I was running my ground wire, and I had to drill a hole for the ground. Usually i spend a long time finding a good spot and check the other side for access. Thinging that i was already a pro and that my guess was good enough (was also in a hurry to go out after). Ended up drilling right through the gas tank! ...Which was also just topped up. dirty dirty dirty mess. Stunk for ever! I was also lucky i didn't explode. needless to say i didn't make it out that night

Old 08-22-2007, 09:21 AM
HCF Member

haha i kinda like this thread too, so i guess i'll keep it going

Definitely tools under the hood, finding them undamaged (both the tools and the car) like a week later always feels good thouhg haha

Spending the money on my body kit/paint, thats like $700 i could have for the turbo project now [&:]

Mostly all the ricey mods, taillights, decals/vinyl, body kit, not going catback at the beginning, not lowernig ASAP

And one time when i was cleaning bird sh*t off of my car i scuffed my paint really bad, i really need to fix that.....

Old 08-22-2007, 09:38 AM
HCF Member

I had my 81 Dodge Aries Station wagon up on a scissor jack and was working on the brakes. My best friend stops by and while I am half way under the car he leans up against it with a cigarette in his hand. About a second later the car came crashing down missing my legs by about 3/16th of an inch. The rotor dug into the street about and inch, and I started screaming at him. Not a fun day!

Old 08-22-2007, 09:50 AM
HCF Member

Not having good name brand tires that react the correct way during hard braking

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/phot...=6&apage=3

Old 08-22-2007, 09:54 AM
HCF Member

definately tools under the hood
and the money i spent on all the ricey stuff i used to have in the car... err i regret that alot

Quick Reply: What;s the dumbest mistake you've made on your car?...