The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

What;s the dumbest mistake you've made on your car?...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 06:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What;s the dumbest mistake you've made on your car?...

Uhhhm, slid on ice into a curb and kicked the wheel? I haven't really done anything bad to either the Civic or the MINI (knock on wood!)

Old 04-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Cat Fuсker

I thought that leaving tools under the hood was a good idea....$600 later I knew that it wasn't

Old 04-17-2006, 06:48 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jake11375
Knucklehead move #1... On my old 92 4dr. Checked the oil and forgot to put the cap back on. After driving about 3 miles, a strong scent of oil, and a little smoke coming through the vents, I pull over to find the cap laying on the side of the engine compartment. Cleaning an oil covered engine bay is not the best way to spend an afternoon... [:@]
^
Except that I did it with my hatch. I called my brother afterward and almost cried to him about it cause it was like the second week I had it, and I felt like such a failure and I didn't deserve my car and blah blah blah.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:55 PM

i left my oil cap off once too, i will never do that again!! i had just put like 2-3 quarts in it, and had to buy like 4 more after that!!! damn the luck!

Old 04-17-2006, 10:49 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kolhoznik

I thought that leaving tools under the hood was a good idea....$600 later I knew that it wasn't
Whats the story there?

Old 04-17-2006, 10:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kolhoznik

hhaah, once i thought i had lost a philip screwdriver and like a month later i found under my hood

Old 04-17-2006, 11:00 PM
HCF Member

Here is a really stupid thing this guy i know did. He was changing the oil on a BMW 3 series and he drained the transmission pan, didn't notice he drained the trans and filled the engine with oil. Drove a couple feet outside the shop and the trans started making a grinding noise. Thats when he figured out he f***ed it up.

Old 04-18-2006, 06:51 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

The dumbest thing I've done so far, was not double check me and my buddy's work one time. We changed my brake pads/rotors, then about two days later there was a loud wub wub wub noise. Couldnt figure out what was causing it until I checked the lug nuts, which on one tire, were only tightened down about 3/4 of the way [:@]

Old 04-18-2006, 07:06 AM

wow lets see i do alot of bonehead things.....
#1 One time changed brakes on this girls civic, and when we were done, we bled the brakes with the e-brake pulled, so didnt do much, then we put the tires on and she tried to drive away, when she got to the end of my driveway she rolled across the road and almost into a pipe factory, we ran to the front of her car and pushed it the other way hahaha
#2 lost the brake line bolt for that same car^same day, took 4 hours to track down a new one.
#3 thought i could drift my hatch, hit a cement barrier, broke my sternum, 3 ribs and collapsed my right lung
there are so many more.....

DE DE DEE!!!

Old 04-18-2006, 08:44 AM
HCF Member

changing the oil in my truck, I didnt check for the old gasket on the filter, doubled them up, and blew 6 qts of oil all over the floor in my dads garage when i started it up. that and lowering my car before I had a camber kit and money for an alignment.

Quick Reply: What;s the dumbest mistake you've made on your car?...