The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

This weekend has sucked so far.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Default This weekend has sucked so far.

Friday night my work caught fire at around 8 o'clock. I work in a Trade Center (business suites). One of the suites in building 320 caught fire. Apparently, the cause was some sort of electrical fire due to a radio that was sitting on top of a microwave. The entire suite was burned to ash. No telling what kind of smoke damage was done to the other suites. So, I spent most of the night helping my boss call tennants, the owner, insurance etc.

Tonight, I decided to let one of my friends drive my car. I have come up with a formula that can sum up the experiance. No rev limiter + me not driving + short shifter throw = very bad. He hasn't had any experiance behind the wheel of my car, but I was tired and decided to let him drive it, without much of a fight. He drove it fine for awhile, so I decided to let him keep going. We we're at a stoplight when an old school LT1 Trans Am pulled up next to us. My friend Paul, didn't look over or anything, so why would I think he would do something stupid. He did, and then some. He punched it off the line, 8000 rpm shift to 2nd went fine. Then he went to shift into third at 8 grand. He threw it into 1st gear and just ripped the clutch out. The tach went to at least 10k and then I heard it. The sound of death to my motor. A rod had shot straight through the oil pan. I was extremely pissed, but I have nobody to blame but myself, for letting him drive it. Right now, I'm just in a state of shock. My car rode home on a trailer for the first time. And now it sits in my garage, lifelessly spewing oil, coolant and pieces of block all over the floor. I'm scared to see what sunday brings.

Old 04-10-2005, 01:00 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: This weekend has sucked so far.

i never thought id cry over someone elses story........but that did it man........i kno what kinda motor uve got in that car........i sure hope your friend has a good job so he can pay for what he did.....................itll be over sooner or later..........maybe now u can get some better pistons and rods......mite as well.

Old 04-10-2005, 01:03 AM

Definatley, I'm trying to think of this as a way to make it bulletproof. Only time will tell. It did have a brief glimpse of glory before the rod decided that it needed some fresh air. It smoked a C5 Corvette earlier in the week.

Old 04-10-2005, 01:17 AM
HCF Member

yea i hear ya.........maybe put a rev limiter on her this time too........or tell ur friends to get their own toys.[sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif]

Old 04-10-2005, 01:23 AM

Holy **** dude, I havnt known you that long but DAMN I feel for you. Let a girl drive my stang once, she drove it straight into the back of a civic at 70mph. Since I didnt have anything done to it, I know your probably hurting worse, and you think its your fault, but its really not. I felt the same way for a while (my fault for letting her drive it). Your friend had no right to do some stupid **** like that in a car he didnt know how to drive, much less a turboed car. I hope he is going to help you work on/pay for some of this. Hopefully it will be fast as stink when you get it fixed though. Sorry as hell man.

Old 04-10-2005, 11:26 AM
HCF Member

holy crap dude. thats tragic. [sm=boohoo.gif] and id kick your friend in the nuts for not even asking if he should race the guy. thats messed up. thatd be like kissing your GF right in front of you, without asking first. that is for ME to do, not anyone who happens to be standing next to her.

Old 04-10-2005, 11:43 AM

Donations for the rebuild can be sent to my Paypal address.

Old 04-10-2005, 11:48 AM
HCF Member

id make your buddy sell a kidney or spleen to help pay for it.

Old 04-10-2005, 02:03 PM

<---- just poured some beer on the ground for you car. may it rest in peace.

Old 04-10-2005, 03:08 PM

se7en, i think you need a hug man. i know i would. thats was one beastly ride you had, all of us on here are hurting for you

Quick Reply: This weekend has sucked so far.