The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Wat do you do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 11:41 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Wat do you do for a living?

ive been an auto tech for the past 25 or so years-- right now in working at a small 2 bay garage/gas station which i plan on taking over when my boss retires in a year or 2

Old 06-21-2006, 12:45 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: khanselman

ORIGINAL: Forty04
I'm an IT Coordinator/Graphic Designer for a small-medium packaging company. It ranges from the easiest job ever, to by far the most stressful. A lot of projects have unrealistic deadlines, yet we have to meet them anyway. Then theres weeks at a time where I do nothing but stare at HCF and learn about cars all day.
Forty, I feel you on the unrealistic deadlines and the weeks at a time staring at HCF.. "--boss comes in at 11am-- Hey, we need this ad sent to the printer by noon, and it has to be approved by EVERYONE and their Mother.. "

I am the Web Designer / Assistant Graphic Designer for the state agency that is in charge of taking care of the 1932 & 1980 Winter Olympic venues.. State job = crap pay, but great benifits. I also do some freelance design work and help a friend in the IT field (worked IT for 7 years before graduating with a graphic design degree) which is where I get money for doing projects on my car..
hey doods, let's see what your sites look like.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

I dont do web design, only the graphics for the site. And I haven't done one in years, hopefully I will have one to show fairly soon.

Old 06-21-2006, 01:28 PM

i work in the parts department at saturn of southgate. i am primarily a parts driver which is sweet, i drive a van and listen to my ipod and talk on the phone for about 5 hours a day. then i work the counter and answer phones when i am not on the road. its a really easy job. and the comapny i work for owns a honda and acura store so i get parts at 10% over cost b****es

Old 06-21-2006, 01:35 PM
HCF Member

Sweet, I'm going to have to give them a try. I love Chicago style too, that's definitely what I'll be getting
I get to eat the real ****. I know your jealous.

Old 06-21-2006, 05:33 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: drbyers

ORIGINAL: khanselman

I'm an IT Coordinator/Graphic Designer for a small-medium packaging company. It ranges from the easiest job ever, to by far the most stressful. A lot of projects have unrealistic deadlines, yet we have to meet them anyway. Then theres weeks at a time where I do nothing but stare at HCF and learn about cars all day.
Forty, I feel you on the unrealistic deadlines and the weeks at a time staring at HCF.. "--boss comes in at 11am-- Hey, we need this ad sent to the printer by noon, and it has to be approved by EVERYONE and their Mother.. "

I am the Web Designer / Assistant Graphic Designer for the state agency that is in charge of taking care of the 1932 & 1980 Winter Olympic venues.. State job = crap pay, but great benifits. I also do some freelance design work and help a friend in the IT field (worked IT for 7 years before graduating with a graphic design degree) which is where I get money for doing projects on my car..
hey doods, let's see what your sites look like.
http://www.whitefacelakeplacid.com || http://www.orda.org || http://www.whiteface.com || http://khanselman.digitalpuddle.com

Be kind.. LoL. Keep in mind I have to follow guidlines on what I can/cannot do on the websites... The last one is my personal website..

Old 06-22-2006, 07:28 PM

the technical term for what i do is dieatary aid. in other words i'm like a lunch lady. but i don't mind, free food, i get to look at nuse's aides all day, and the pay is great. but i want to go to school to be an auto tech.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:45 PM
HCF Member

Im in the US Army. Im a SGT so i have a decent pay check and all for now cant wait till the new year get another pay raise I think. Not for sure. I get a yearly clothing allowence which is at the end of this month. Should be able to check my pay check in a couple of days. I love my job cant get fired for anything.

Old 06-23-2006, 07:45 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

Sweet, I'm going to have to give them a try. I love Chicago style too, that's definitely what I'll be getting
I get to eat the real ****. I know your jealous.
I hate you.. I wish I could remember the name of the place I always go to when I'm in chi-town. It's right down town, and my college roomate's brother runs it.. Damn thats going to bug me now..

Old 06-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Stinky Administrator

well i did mow yards with another person but since the knee surgery he let me go so now next month im going to an x-ray tech class so hopefully in 8 months i will be a x-ray tech but while im going to school im going to mow yards myself when i get better

Quick Reply: Wat do you do for a living?