The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Wat do you do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:07 AM
Default RE: Wat do you do for a living?

ORIGINAL: GotRice?99ex

Im just curious to know wat all you people do for a living? I see everyone with these pimped out cars and i wonder how you can afford it? I thought i did well.....I guess not well enough...
here, take these....

Old 06-20-2006, 09:14 AM
HCF Member

Marketing Broker for the Specialty Advertising Industr

Old 06-20-2006, 10:18 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04
I'm an IT Coordinator/Graphic Designer for a small-medium packaging company. It ranges from the easiest job ever, to by far the most stressful. A lot of projects have unrealistic deadlines, yet we have to meet them anyway. Then theres weeks at a time where I do nothing but stare at HCF and learn about cars all day.
Forty, I feel you on the unrealistic deadlines and the weeks at a time staring at HCF.. "--boss comes in at 11am-- Hey, we need this ad sent to the printer by noon, and it has to be approved by EVERYONE and their Mother.. "

I am the Web Designer / Assistant Graphic Designer for the state agency that is in charge of taking care of the 1932 & 1980 Winter Olympic venues.. State job = crap pay, but great benifits. I also do some freelance design work and help a friend in the IT field (worked IT for 7 years before graduating with a graphic design degree) which is where I get money for doing projects on my car..

Old 06-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Administrator

im a computer programmer/software designer, installer, fixer, for a small company in warrington, PA

Old 06-20-2006, 12:52 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

ORIGINAL: rice_patrol

I work at papa murphy's take n bake pizza. Job isnt fun but its easy.
Is that place any good? Theres one right by the grocery store I shop at, and I always contemplate swinging in to get a pie, but haven't actually done it yet.

The pizzas are great. I love the chicago style stuffed pizza. Should try it. Though you have to bake it at home, but still good.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:23 PM
HCF Member

i work in a **** hole factory but it pays decent. i started last year and im up to 14.10 an hour.

Old 06-20-2006, 03:09 PM
HCF Member

I work at a pretty dope company doing engineering R&D on Adipose Stem Cell devices.

... yeah, I'm a nerd.

Old 06-20-2006, 05:37 PM
HCF Member

bejeweled on my cell phone and solitare on the comptuer have gotten me through many a-days
________
EFFECTS OF AVANDIA

Last edited by BrianT; 04-28-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: rice_patrol

The pizzas are great. I love the chicago style stuffed pizza. Should try it. Though you have to bake it at home, but still good.
Sweet, I'm going to have to give them a try. I love Chicago style too, that's definitely what I'll be getting

Khanselman, sucks don't it? haha. I would rather sit in the corner of the room and punch myself than have to go through the approval obtaining process...

Old 06-21-2006, 08:06 AM

ORIGINAL: WhItE97CiViC

i work at the a tax software company. i set at a cubicle all day and answer phone calls about the software is messing up........most of the time it's them messing up....not us. any way during the summer it's a great job b.c no one calls in. but in tax season it's hell
^same, in fact for the same company, i work days he works nights

ORIGINAL: MDCivic

I'm with ya there, except I serve full time at a local steak house. Hours are kinda long, but making upwards of 20 an hour sure works. Sometimes more! I'm really considering starting my own car detailing business, but mobile. Not sure how to start it or get things going, just the little wheels inside my head are turning!
I have had the same idea about the car detailing business, with the same problem. the most i can come up with is put up an add and then go to dealerships and see if they need anyone. if you can get a dealership then you have a big client with atleast one big paycheck, that or work for a dealership as there car cleaner and then go from there

Quick Reply: Wat do you do for a living?