The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Wat do you do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 07:14 AM
Default RE: Wat do you do for a living?

Im a Web Designer/Graphic Designer/Data Entry for an online furniture store. We get assigned a furniture company and are responsible for entering all the info from sizes to weights to blah and blah. Then i have to make images for other people and check all of there work, not the funniest job but it pays good. I haven't really done any web designing in over a year though. They have me and two other guys working as much OT as we can get before this month is over but seeing as im the only one that isn't married and doesn't have kids i'll be putting in the most work. We are responsible for converting images over to a new image server and i think we have around 30000 images left, joy. They also have a retail store they sell furniture out of but i have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Old 06-19-2006, 07:44 AM

I was an artist with a 4 year degree in painting until I decided to go back to school to be an auto tech. I'm starting school in a week!

Old 06-19-2006, 08:43 AM

I'm a cardiopulmonary tech at one of the the local hospitals. Do EKG's and monitor patients with heart problems. Just started a little over three months ago. It really makes you think about how we take care of our tickers. That's for sure. Starts out @ $13.00 an hr. Work 7P - 7A. 3 days one week and 4 the next. Lots on beautiful women there. 87% women to men ratio. Most married though. oh well, they're nice to look at.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:55 AM
HCF Member

I work part time during school at a Fitness club/gym but it comes with a free membership and once I'm there I have no choice but to work out so it's good motivation. And the woman aren't too bad to look at either lol. During the summer I work full time as Park Security for a Campsite which is pretty easy.. we drive around in a pickup truck making sure the campers are behaving. Hoping to pursue a career in law enforcement & personal training in the near future so my curent jobs are great experience.

TiCkEr

Old 06-19-2006, 12:08 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

ORIGINAL: rice_patrol

I work at papa murphy's take n bake pizza. Job isnt fun but its easy.
Is that place any good? Theres one right by the grocery store I shop at, and I always contemplate swinging in to get a pie, but haven't actually done it yet.
are you originally from michigan?

Old 06-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Yeah, but one of my roomies in college grew up in New York.. That was one of the things that rubbed off. People always look at me like I'm a ****ing serial killer or something around here when I use the term pie.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:25 PM

im a tech at the biggest GMC dealership in maine. working on mostly gm trucks. the job doesnt really pay good, and i work nights 4 days a week. 5-4am. considering going back to school for something other then cars.

Old 06-19-2006, 08:55 PM
HCF Member

Technical analyst for a publishing company right outside of NYC. Pays good hours are great boss is great I LOVE MY JOB Dammit.. And on the 30th of this month Wifey and I will be the proud owners of a day care/learning center that has been in business for 17 years. Owners are retiring and we bought the business from them. The closing is set for June 30th and boy are we excited....
I will remain working at my current job and wifey will run the day care.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:47 PM
HCF Member

GOOD LUCK to you!!^^ there nothing like owening your own business, best invesment you make

Old 06-20-2006, 08:07 AM
HCF Member

thanks man I will be posting some pics once we fully take over.

Quick Reply: Wat do you do for a living?