The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Wat do you do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Default RE: Wat do you do for a living?

unemployed dragonslayer

Old 06-18-2006, 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

yup... i still work for a third party compony hired by Verizon to call all you bastards and annoy you at the worst possible moment to ask if you want a new phone package[][].... **** i hate that job more then anything else in the world, i would prefer to actually go back to work at Tim Hortons (for those that don't know it is exactly like Dunkin Donuts, but they have soup and sandwich's too) even though i would lose $3 an hour to go back there... everyday i go to work hopping that it has burnt down... god i can't wait till i move back home in august
Sounds like the movie "Office Space"

We're gonna need you to come into work on saturday,Tim...ok?....grrrreeeeaaaatttt....oh by the way...did you get the memo?

Old 06-18-2006, 08:05 PM
HCF Member

im a certified auto tech.......i work from home mainly rebuilding people engines and sometimes i get lucky enough to actually build something fun. my own hours, my own rate.....i love my job

Old 06-18-2006, 08:16 PM
HCF Member

i work at the a tax software company. i set at a cubicle all day and answer phone calls about the software is messing up........most of the time it's them messing up....not us. any way during the summer it's a great job b.c no one calls in. but in tax season it's hell
________
RoyalWhore

Last edited by BrianT; 04-28-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:18 PM
HCF Member

i go to college during the winter, OCT till APRIL, during the winter and when i go to school i work at a crappy gas station (easy job) 3 days a week and a walk from home, this summer till college starts im working full time at a golf pro shop at a resort, its a good job, can get hectic sometimes but its good pay..only for the summer, next summer after college im not sure what im doing yet..something good

Old 06-18-2006, 09:27 PM
HCF Member

I own a landscaping company, and were actually making money now, everything is paid off. I work as a waitor at a restaurant 1 day a week. (Sat nite)

Old 06-18-2006, 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Pete

I own a landscaping company, and were actually making money now, everything is paid off. I work as a waitor at a restaurant 1 day a week. (Sat nite)
I'm with ya there, except I serve full time at a local steak house. Hours are kinda long, but making upwards of 20 an hour sure works. Sometimes more! I'm really considering starting my own car detailing business, but mobile. Not sure how to start it or get things going, just the little wheels inside my head are turning!

Old 06-18-2006, 11:20 PM

I serve at Olive Garden working 6 nights a week

$15+my $2.13 on weeknights
$20-$25 on weekends is a hell of alot nicer then my last job as a pizza cook

Old 06-19-2006, 12:07 AM

I used to be a waiter at a steak house too! not bad pay if ppl arent stingy! but i did hate all the drama! more drama there, then at my school!

Old 06-19-2006, 06:25 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: rice_patrol

I work at papa murphy's take n bake pizza. Job isnt fun but its easy.
Is that place any good? Theres one right by the grocery store I shop at, and I always contemplate swinging in to get a pie, but haven't actually done it yet.

I'm an IT Coordinator/Graphic Designer for a small-medium packaging company. It ranges from the easiest job ever, to by far the most stressful. A lot of projects have unrealistic deadlines, yet we have to meet them anyway. Then theres weeks at a time where I do nothing but stare at HCF and learn about cars all day.

Quick Reply: Wat do you do for a living?