The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

WalMart Tire/Lube Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 07:59 AM
HCF Member
Default WalMart Tire/Lube Sucks

Ok, so on Sunday evening around 4:45 I took my car to get a new tire put on it. I had a blowout about a week ago and that was my first chance to get it fixed...riding the donut is great. Anyway, I take it to Walmart because I wanted to get a cheap tire cause I'm picking up a new set of rims and tires very soon, I just didn't wanna ride around on the donut any longer. Basically, they told me that they couldn't do anything because they closed in an hour and had 2 people ahead of me and to come back the next morning (they open at 8am). Well, I work all day, so that wasn't really feasible. So, I went back Monday afternoon at 5pm (they close at 7pm) and again they couldn't get me in, this time because they have 1 car ahead of me getting an oil change. The thing that pisses me off is that they have 5 bays, but only one mechanic. I can understand that this guy must be bustin his tail, but if you post that you're open until 7 I think you should take customer until 7, otherwise post that you're open til 5 and then stay til you're finished. Damn rants.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:12 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: WalMart Tire/Lube Sucks

My advice would be to find a real tire shop like NTB or Discount Tire Co (that where we get our tires done). Why does it take 2 hours to change oil?

Old 09-13-2006, 11:33 AM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

My advice would be to find a real tire shop like NTB or Discount Tire Co (that where we get our tires done). Why does it take 2 hours to change oil?
Because is Walmart?

Old 09-13-2006, 12:11 PM
HCF Member

One Sunday night we had 4 girls hit the curb and blow out all the tires.So we tow them to Wal-mart I work part time for a tow company I am lettin it down off the truck and look on the inside of the tire a its bent all to hell on the drivers side.Its like 5 mins to close and this guy that works there is just beatin the hell out of these rims to get them to seal.He probley was there atleast 2 hours If I or any guy would of took it there he would of sent us packin.[>:]

Old 09-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Recognized HCF Member

thats why you go to customer service and compain like a ****!!!!!!!!!

they are jsut to lazy and dont want to do any work!!!!!!!!!

but for the price.. spend more and take it to a REAL tire shop!!!!!

ive heard to many horror stories about wally world!!!!!!!!! idiots nto fillen up the oil or the plug or filter and the engine totaly frying!
thats why i do my own mechanical work as much as i can do! and only go to specific auto places for work that i can not or do not wanna do

Old 09-13-2006, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: JettaTrek2.0

Because is Walmart?
I wouldn't take my car to walmart for anything. Chances are that if the guy that works at Walmart can do it, i can do it at home. How much do you think the techs at WalMart get paid? How well trained do you think the guys at WalMart are? If you goto a tire shop, thats all they do so even if they don't have certified techs, the guys that work there prolly do so many tires that they know what they are doing. Also, you are gonna get a better selection at a tire shop then at walmart.

Old 09-13-2006, 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

ORIGINAL: JettaTrek2.0

Because is Walmart?
I wouldn't take my car to walmart for anything. Chances are that if the guy that works at Walmart can do it, i can do it at home. How much do you think the techs at WalMart get paid? How well trained do you think the guys at WalMart are? If you goto a tire shop, thats all they do so even if they don't have certified techs, the guys that work there prolly do so many tires that they know what they are doing. Also, you are gonna get a better selection at a tire shop then at walmart.
sooooo... I was right!

Old 09-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

hell i knew of a kid in highschool that worked at wally world...... ended up he either didnt tighten down the bolt or filter.... either way he got fired the next day cause walmart had to buy the lady a new engine! LMFAO

if you take your car to ANY SHOP watch em as much as posible! and before ya leave check what ever they did yourself!

another thing my sister went to BIG O TIRES last year to get her wheels balanced thier... and well coming back from the hosipital about a year later she said she had a horible vibration and pullen hard.... well me and my dad bring our tools to her house to replace her brakes and find the problem.... well her freaken lug nuts where only FINGER TIGHT on the front! and one lug on each of the rear tires was so tight we had snaped one nut and had to realy get to buisness with the other side on a large break bar realy puting our weight onto that sucker!
needless to say someone REALY SCREWED UP THIER!!!!!!

lug nuts just dont come loose i dont care if it was over a year old being worked on.......

when i had my civics new tires put on my rims i stood right outside thier bay behind my car watchen em the whole time to make sure they didnt slop my rims on thier face and also to watch them torque down all the lugs! and ill still take the car home and recheck them all!

check your fluids also......
tho i do all my own oil changes! i dont trust many shops! they have your keys.... they have your registration thier.. all your info... alls they need to do is make a little clay mold and write down your adress!

but then again i dont trust many people.LOL

Old 09-13-2006, 07:21 PM
HCF Member

My sister had her tires mounted on her rims at wallmart. They ended up scratching one rim. They ordered a new one that took a month to get in, and then scratch that one. They just gave her the price of a new rim because she didnt want them doing it again. Was kind of a nice deal because she got 5 rims for the price of 3. The second time the scratch wasnt too bad so she didnt even fix it.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:36 PM
HCF Member

ya dont go to walmart, you get what you pay for right?

..i forget why, but one day I was standing outside a shop called Canadian Tire watching them fix cars and such, and they lifted a BWM and the guy kicked the rim off!!! i landed right on the front, and i was like WTF

Quick Reply: WalMart Tire/Lube Sucks