The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

walmart lawsuit??

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 03:53 AM
HCF Member
Default walmart lawsuit??

ok guys, here's what happened, was walking around walmart tonight and came across a puddle of water and busted my a$$ now im hurting like a biznatch !! there was a wet floor sign but it was kinda lil and not that visible and there was a buggy infront of it so i couldnt see it, and the water was like 30ft. all the way to the sign, should i file a lawsuit against them???? would i have a chance??? im thinking of calling a lawyer today and going to the ER and see what they said

Old 10-11-2006, 05:27 AM
Default RE: walmart lawsuit??

lol..dam..well u got two choices..fake the **** outta it...and brake ur arm and go to the lawyer and say it happened cause of the puddle..u could get decent money out of it...of just go to walmart and start really complainin and ask for free ****...haha..goodluck

Old 10-11-2006, 06:47 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

You should have went to the ER right away, it'll be hard to justify going so long after theactual fall.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:35 AM
HCF Member

Did you report the incident with any associates or the manager? If not, it will be even more difficult.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:36 AM

did u file a accident report with the company. if not its goin to be hard to prove u did it there

Old 10-11-2006, 07:43 AM
HCF Member

I would just call him and see what they say can't hurt.The wet floor sign I think might protect them though.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: natecivic92

I would just call him and see what they say can't hurt.The wet floor sign I think might protect them though.
exactly...they fact is they HAD a sign there...they will argue that until the death...thats all they needed

Old 10-11-2006, 09:39 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: My04Civic

ORIGINAL: natecivic92

exactly...they fact is they HAD a sign there...they will argue that until the death...thats all they needed
Dream on....the sign does nothing but attract folks who want the cash. (not saying you are one of them Ej1Rider)
Worked at one place where "daddy" was swinging his kid by the arms...windmill style and dislocated the kids shoulder....he cryed and got money...I don't know why...getting paid to be an idot with your kid?
#2 Lady trips outside of my building and crys....scratched knee (I've seen little kids shake off more then this) she sues and gets money....for tripping over her big feet.
#3 I know you all know about McDonalds coffee and that it "might" be hot...whatever....
The point is that no one takes responsibility for there own ineptness (not saying you are one of them Ej1Rider). [/rant]

EJ1Rider...seems you had an honest slip and fall..no fault of your own. If you didn't report it to Wally world do so now. Have them review thier security cameras for the time period and fill out a report. You ever look up in those stores? Like a camera every 15 feet. They probably have you going down on like 4 different views (hey that sounds funny)
Anyhow....if you have medical bills to be paid....or are losing work you have a good claim. If you have a great lawyer (a real scum bag) you probably have pain and suffering from the little girl who laughed at you....Chances are its an easy $5000. Take it for what you feel is right. (Think KARMA)

Old 10-11-2006, 01:48 PM
HCF Member

yes i filled out an accident report, and went to the er right away, im not looking to scam some money, but hell if theyre gonna give me some i'm not going to say no lol, just wanna make sure nothing was broken or nothing going to brake, and the wetfloor sign issue, the wet floor sign was about a foot tall and there was a buggy full of **** infront of it and i was pushing my own buggy, just imagine pushing a buggy, kinda hard to see what's on the floor... and from the wet floor sign, the water have traveled probably 30,40-50 ft so i dont know, walmart done called me today and said that theyre going to take care of the hospital bills , and theyre usually pretty tough ! but they gave in easy

Old 10-11-2006, 06:30 PM
HCF Member

Seriously if a woman can sue the golden arches for spilling her own coffee...

u know u can get some money from a multi-million dollar company, the Q is do u want to go through all of the $hit involved with it. If u took it to court they can keep it in there for years... If u threaten to go to the paper or another type of media, u might jus be able to get them to give u some money

Quick Reply: walmart lawsuit??