The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

very upset..but very happy, dont go to midas!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 06:32 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: very upset..but very happy, dont go to midas!

That sucks bro.. Thats why I always avoid big name places like that. Its better to try and get in tight with a mom and pop type shop that does good work.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:27 AM

If you have a car-x in your area go there for anything you need.
I have had service work done by these shops for over twenty five years
and never had a complaint. Prices are reasonable and they
only fix what needs fixing. You can also buy your own parts
and they will install them for you, saving that money,
they have to mark up parts they buy for you.
ladies take note......you can trust these people.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:30 AM

Ladies take note:

You Cannot Trust Midas.

Old 12-14-2005, 12:55 PM
HCF Member

Yeah I'm lucky enough to have a grandpa that is a mechanic and live like a 1/4 of a mile down the road. I hate the big name places like that.

Old 12-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Cat Fuсker

Midas and Meineke are both suck ripoffs...one I had to replace a muffler on my caravan, and not only was I chared $80 for a muffler, they also put the wrong one on...and labor was like another $100...after all I just came into their shop at the busiest time, when they had a lot of customers and started an argument with the manager abou that...go my money back, went to Advance Auto parts, got my correct muffler for $35, installed it in 40 minutes.....and than was Meineke...and at Midas they pointed at the fuel filter, saying that the brake fluid needs to be changed... and I'm not even gonna start on JiffyLube...

Old 12-14-2005, 05:58 PM

why don't u just do the work yourself then u don't have to get ripped off............that will learn ya

Old 12-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Cat Fuсker

Now I do all the work myself...and I found a mechanic that let's me work in his shop...all I do is pay for taking up his bay...

Old 12-14-2005, 06:27 PM
HCF Member

Exhaust work isn't that hard except everything is rusted on it. I'm working on a 20+ year old truck. We have to change everything from the cat to the tailpipe. We cut the exhaust right after the exhaust cause it was gonna be replaced. I cut the pipe exhaust manifold piping when i was getting the cat out. There was this big blob of metal on the pipe that had to be ground off with a file by hand. All in all, it is a PITA.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:26 PM

I had new tires put on my last Civic and at that time, they suggested my struts be replaced. I had never had any signs my struts had any problems. This is on a car with 69,000 miles, so I kept driving on them and continued to never have any problems.
I like the second opinion comment. Don't trust just anyone, and when you find an honest shop that charges fair prices stick with them.

Old 12-15-2005, 06:27 PM

That sucks about your problems with Midas. Ive always taken my cars to either Midas or the Dealer. But i know a guy at midas. He has moved to different Midas shops around town, and thats where i go. I have never had any problems with him tryign to replace something that wasnt broke. My old Civic was havign starting problems and they check teh fuel pump for me and it wasnt right. They told me it could go tom. or could last a year from then. I never had to replace the fuel pump, and they didnt charge me anything to testing it either.

On my Dakota, the rear brake cyl. were bad, and i needed front pads and rotors. I had gone to the Midas closest to me and they gave me a price of $400 to do all of that. I called the guy i know, he went and bought the parts from Autozone himself and charged me like that. It ended up being $300. The only reason i didnt go to him first is, the shop he works at is 45mins away.

So i guess it helps to know people. So if soemthing is covered under warrenty for me, and a friend cant do the work. I goto Midas.

Joah