The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Tool Talk

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Chubby Chaser

i think im gonna start selling alot of my tools, look in the near future for a for sale thread..

Old 11-18-2010, 11:10 AM
HCF Member

you got a lot of craftsman? im trying to upgrade my cheaper gift tools from when I was a teen to craftsman sockets and wrenches. need a torque wrench too.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:50 PM
HCF Member

The Craftsman torque wrenches are nice. I've got a 3/8 craftsman torque wrench. My 1/2 is a Snap On, and it is the adjuster on the side instead of twisting the handle. A lot quicker to adjust and don't have to set the wrench to its lowest setting before it sits for a while. My craftsman will be the home tools while Snappys and Matco will be for work.

Mitch are you trying to downsize or upgrade or need money for medical stuffs or what.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Chubby Chaser

money issues, and the fact i cant do anything. im loosing my damn mind. im not use to sitting home and not being able to doing anything. i have adhd. im FULL of energy and feel useless as hell.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:09 PM
HCF Member

Is it a long estimated recovery time? Friend of mine from work got in a bad accident in his Teggy and broke his arm really bad. He was next in line to be a tech and a stall opened up like 2 monthes after the accident. But long story short he had to get a bunch of surgeries and it even got infected pretty bad, but now 6 monthes later he's pretty much done with surgeries, just has to build the muscle back.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Chubby Chaser

yea ive got at least 6 months with this damn metal thing in my arm. its been over 2 weeks and my arm and fingers are still swelled. i also have 8 stitches on top of my arm and 17 down the palm of my hand. i have no feeling in 3 fingers and my thumb.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:22 PM
HCF Member

^ mitch it only gets better from here!
time passes by fast when your not thinking about it.
think about the things you CAN do and not what you cant.

My brother was born without his left hand. his left arm ends at his wrist, he uses a prosthetic hand, and he can pretty much do ANYTHING. he can tie his shoes, ride bikes, PLAY POOL (better than me BTW), play basketball. you name it.
He just turned 12.

find a hobby you can do, maybe on computer or something.
apply at that one website CHACHA.com or something lol. you get paid for every question you answer. IDK just giving some ideas out there.

This black friday I'll be buying some craftsman tools i hope! haha
i need a torque wrench. and 1/2 sockets lol

Old 11-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Chubby Chaser

the worst part is i have to hold my arm in the air (above my heart) at all times. try going one day with holding your hand up in the air. and i cant control what happens when i sleep and i keep hurting myself.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:07 PM
HCF Member

Yay Matco stuff came today!!! Nothing like coming home to a big box of tools!

In total it cost me $1200 for all this stuff after tax and stuff. 3 things are currently on backorder.

1. 4 pc ocket screwdrivers (not in stock til December)
2. 8 pc screwdriver (not in stock til December)
3. 1/2 impact extensions (are going to be in stock next week so I should get them soon)

Here's what I all got!

Pic of everything:

This pile contains:
-Brake tool set
-Hose clamps
-Body fastener remover (no more prying them with a screwdriver ftw)
-Tire tread gauge
-Spark plug gapper
-Wrench rack (its easy on the wrenches, so it wont scrach my new and shiney Snap On wrenches when they get here)
-3 pc mirror/amget set (the bigger magnet on a stick holds 10 lbs lol)

Next pile contains:
-Hook and pick set
-Long hook and pick set
-Body panel removal tools
-Chisel set
-Pry bar set (AMAZING, nothing like a good set of pry bars! Don't have to deal with my cheap *** ones bending haha, and you can actually beat on the ends of these)

Next pile:
-Tamperproof torx set
-XL screwdriver set
-Stubby phillips and standard screwdriver
-4 pc file set
-Ratcheting screwdriver (this things awesomeeee HIGHLY recommend to anyone! all different shaft lengths makes it super useful, everyone should have one!)

Last pile:
-25 pc punch and chisel set (this things like $450 without ,y 50% discount! Crazy! I figured I'd buy the expensive ones now, sick of bendnig cheap ones and can get em replaced. Well worth $225.)
-Lock-a-socket rails (Will be used for my 1/2 impact deep and shallow sockets. Magnetic bottom is super nice)
-3/8 drive impact swivels (Awesome for doing brakes, pop off calipers real quick.)

I called my Snap On order to the rep for my school Thursday. He said I probably won't get my stuff until after Thanksgiving. And I'm only gettnig half the stuff since everything is on back order. But once that stuff comes in I'll take pics. That was a $3200 bill haha.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:20 PM
HCF Member

I got my Snap On order today, at least what was in stock.

Here's everything that came:

Here's all my new wrenches.
-Line wrenches
-Flank drive plus 8-19mm (8mm is backorder), 21, 22, and 24.
These are all soooo nice, my Craftsman pros don't have any flank drive technology :P

Here's a pic of what makes it a flank drive PLUS. ALl wrenches are flank drive in the box end, but the plus has the flank drive technology in the open end. You can see the notches and teeth, they grip in to the bolt head. These will actually leave teeth imprints in bolts if enough force is used.

This pic has:
-Plier set, the quality on these puts any other set to shame
-8" adjustable wrench, has teeth in it to help grip
-Metric feeler gauges
-Metric allen set
-24 oz deadblow
-Plastic tip mallet
-1/4" drive screwdriver thing
-Heater clamp hose pliers

This pic has:
-Universal jointed spark plug sockets
-Different adapters
-Retaining spring pliers
-3/8" ratchet
-3/8" stubby flex ratchet
-1/2" 17" locking flex head ratchet
-1/2" 50-250 ft/lb torque wrench (dial type, don't have to set to zero like on the spinning handle ones and it is so easy and quick to set to certain torques, this things the ****)
-1/2" 18" breaker bar

This pic has:
-1/4" shallow and deep
-1/4" Blue Point magnetic socket holder (it is sweet, can flip upside down and won't drop them)
-3/8" shallow and deep
-3/8" hex
-1/2" chrome shallow and deep
-1/2" impact shallow 10-24mm
-1/2" impact deep 10-24mm, 30 mm, 32 mm (back ordered)

My wobble PLUS extensions. Can be used as either wobble extensions or as standard extensions. Have 1/4". 3/8", and 1/2". Also got my Matco 1/2" impact extensions 2 days ago, no pics though.

Here is the extension being used as wobble. 16* angle I think it gives.

And if you push the socket all the way on it holds it straight.

I'm still waiting on a LOT more stuff, it'll be a good month or two til it all eventually drifts here once it is in stock. Pretty much the main things I'm waiting for:
-1/4" ratchet
-1/4" locking flex ratchet
-3/8" locking flex ratchet
-1/2" standard ratchet
-3/8" compact swivel head
-Tox sockets
-3/8" socket magnetic tray
-32mm socket
-8mm wrench
-16 and 32 oz deadblow ball peens

Quick Reply: Tool Talk