The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

tokyo extreme racer drift

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Default tokyo extreme racer drift

i just got tokyo extreme racer driftink it beats the hell out of initial d the game. who else has it and what do you think? p.s. honda returns in this one with the crx, ep3, eg6, prelude and tegs!

Old 05-24-2006, 11:48 PM
Default RE: tokyo extreme racer drift

if i still had an xbox, i would ge the game, i will see if my friend will buy it!!!

Old 05-25-2006, 07:35 AM

I'm definitly gettin it today!!

Old 05-25-2006, 08:10 AM
HCF Member

i played it last week when my brother rented it. Its a good game, but i hate going back and forth trying to start a race again. But its a good game.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:24 AM
Administrator

there was already a thread about this...but whatever..

i got it the day that it came out, as i do with all driving games, and much like the other TXR games, this one is worth EVERY cent of the 19 dollar price tag. however, if you liked the long, high speed races of the previous two editions, TXR drift is not for you. Im not certain what my percentage complete is, but im just about done with the 4th stage. the car selection isnt as good as the TXR Zero, but its about as good as most newly released driving games, and for you strictly import guys, youll find no domestics. I have not played the initial D game, but if i had to connect a game to being "JDM", this is it. Cars are identified by their codes and by their names, which i think is interesting. As stated, honda motor company is WELL represented, and my CRX whoops some ****.

unlike the first two games, which were strictly free-roam and you had to find your opponents cruising the highways of tokyo, this game is far more structured. you chose from day racing, or night racing. the day racing is a set of sanctioned league races where youre trying to set the best scores for the various drivetrain configuration and course, and the night racing is either scored drifting, time attack, heads up battles, or a combination of drifting and time attack. like i said, this is not a high speed game, and with the constant hair pins and short straights, its not unlikely to spend an entire 5 minute race never nearing 100mph. this is one of the more technical games that ive played as far as the courses go, but if you like drifting on open roads in a variety of japanese models, youll like this game, and the price is like icing on the cake.