The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

stupid iPod...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:07 AM
Default RE: stupid iPod...

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

ORIGINAL: Masonn

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

how many other mp3 players can you buy an adapte for, that allows you to control it directly from the headunit of your car? it's like one 2000 song cd
Many head units are available with mp3 uplinks, not just for the ipod. Some new cars also come with mp3 uplinks as an extra option. I agree with GReddy. I hate ipods. They're overpriced... and they're made by apple... I'd much rather have a *non apple* mp3 player.
yes i know there are uplinks, but how many of those mp3 players can you control from the headunit of the car?

most likely:

not too many.

I love my old mini, my iPhone, and my wife loves her new nano (got her one for christmas)

though honestly, I'm a mac guy anyway.... i ****ing HATE using windows all day at work.... i think my work laptop crashes once a day at least...

Dell = FAIL

Old 01-31-2008, 07:48 AM
HCF Member

I got a new 8 gig nano as soon as the new ones came out, I use it everyday. It only froze 1 time, other then that, its been perfect.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:01 AM
HCF Member

ipods freeze all the time, but at least you're not doing this: "Ctrl + Alt + Delete"

Old 01-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I was hoping you'd reply, Fiirkan... anyway, I reset the iPod several times (every time it froze), and it didn't help.

Anyway, I managed to get it connected only to get an "iPod corrupted" or whatever message, so now I'm in the process of restoring it to the factory settings... now I get to re-load almost 900 songs on the iPod... not that I really care, but it's going to take a while...

Anyway, the reason I love iPods is that I have a Pioneer head unit with iPod direct control... my iPod never leaves my glove box (unfortunately, scrolling through artists/songs is a b***h using the head unit.... one name at a time lol)

Old 01-31-2008, 03:11 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

I was hoping you'd reply, Fiirkan... anyway, I reset the iPod several times (every time it froze), and it didn't help.

Anyway, I managed to get it connected only to get an "iPod corrupted" or whatever message, so now I'm in the process of restoring it to the factory settings... now I get to re-load almost 900 songs on the iPod... not that I really care, but it's going to take a while...

Anyway, the reason I love iPods is that I have a Pioneer head unit with iPod direct control... my iPod never leaves my glove box (unfortunately, scrolling through artists/songs is a b***h using the head unit.... one name at a time lol)
Hope the restore works,

And that is the same reason i love my ipod, but i have a JVC headunit. I just put my ipod on shuffle and then let it play, if i don't want to listen to the song thats on i just change it till i get to one i want lol

Old 01-31-2008, 03:22 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Okay, I restored it and once everything was done, I got the "device not recognized" message again, but only once this time... then, the iPod connected correctly (I'm not sure why I got the error message at first)... right now, it's syncing, so I'm hoping my problems are over lol

and being able to hear your music ftw! My rear right wheel bearing has been going out for the last few months, and I finally got around to scheduling an appointment to have it changed.... so when I get the car back tomorrow, I'll actually be able to hear my music without having the volume almost all the way up!

Old 01-31-2008, 03:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

Okay, I restored it and once everything was done, I got the "device not recognized" message again, but only once this time... then, the iPod connected correctly (I'm not sure why I got the error message at first)... right now, it's syncing, so I'm hoping my problems are over lol

and being able to hear your music ftw! My rear right wheel bearing has been going out for the last few months, and I finally got around to scheduling an appointment to have it changed.... so when I get the car back tomorrow, I'll actually be able to hear my music without having the volume almost all the way up!
try cruising at 60mph with both front wheel bearings shot to hell and the rear drivers on going.... i replaced the front two a few months ago, and just got the rear one done last week, and by god it is a world of difference

Old 01-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Super Cereal Admin

how could you stand that? At 65, I seriously had to shout for the person in the passenger seat to hear me... can't wait to see how quiet the thing is tomorrow

*edit: my iPod's okay... everything worked out