The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

for the street racers...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Administrator
Default RE: for the street racers...

there should be no sympathy felt for this guy.

whenever you enter yourself into a race in which you will achieve high speeds, you are willingly accepting the fact that there is a chance that you could be severely injured and/or lose your life. Ive seen people killed on the street while racing and Ive seen people killed on the track while racing. In both cases, those people are doing what they presumably enjoyed, but they went into it knowing that something as simple as a patch of moisture could possibly cause them their lives.

I race a lot. Everytime you race your chances of having an accident increase and some day, it may kill me. I go into every race knowing that a mistake by me or another person, or mechanical failure, could cost me my life. If I die while racing, I will leave the world doing what I love. The odds are pretty good that if I am killed in a racing accident, it will be on a track, and track accidents do happen.

The problem is that some people make poor decisions about when and where to race, and those people are selfish for taking other peoples lives into their hands. This kid did just that, and he may cost someone their life. He shouldnt be treated as a hero...

Old 03-13-2007, 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

whenever you enter yourself into a race in which you will achieve high speeds, you are willingly accepting the fact that there is a chance that you could be severely injured and/or lose your life. Ive seen people killed on the street while racing and Ive seen people killed on the track while racing. In both cases, those people are doing what they presumably enjoyed, but they went into it knowing that something as simple as a patch of moisture could possibly cause them their lives.

I race a lot. Everytime you race your chances of having an accident increase and some day, it may kill me. I go into every race knowing that a mistake by me or another person, or mechanical failure, could cost me my life. If I die while racing, I will leave the world doing what I love. The odds are pretty good that if I am killed in a racing accident, it will be on a track, and track accidents do happen.

The problem is that some people make poor decisions about when and where to race, and those people are selfish for taking other peoples lives into their hands. This kid did just that, and he may cost someone their life. He shouldnt be treated as a hero...
Thanks for explaining your statement. I definetly see where your coming from.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Super Cereal Admin

that really sucks... I pity the kid's family... my friend Brad died last summer when he lost control of his 3000GT at about 105mph and slammed into a tree... all because he was late for work...

This kind of thing should never happen to anyone.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Eun

ORIGINAL: Patrick

He's totally right.
It's for the risk man. For the 20 second of fun. That's why we do it, and we know it. Unless someone's stupid enough and not know.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:09 PM
HCF Member

I say if you're going to race, race, just make sure that if you f*** up that you dont hurt anyone else but yourself.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:27 PM
HCF Member

So if they find the driver of the Neon, can they do anything?

Old 03-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Administrator

im sure that they can charge him with something...

Old 03-14-2007, 01:09 AM

sad.. my mate i was racing that crashed has been in hospital for 5 weeks.. his mumbling words now.. so its all going well.. sorry to hear about him dieng.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:55 AM

this is the kind of stuff that give people who are in the tunning world a bad name and gets people who dont race on the streets and save it for the track pulled over because they fix up there cars but i agree if u cant wait for the track to open take it some were u arnt going to harm any one but urself i have raced on the street because people were i live all have v8s and fell the need to be dicks but im on back country roads and i know the risk but im not racing around town tryingto look like a bad ***

Old 03-14-2007, 05:49 AM

Time and place. Ive been rolling along in a real deserted street late at night when a car pulled up behind and I didnt think anything of it until all the neons came on, the grills lit up and he pulled out to have a go. I had no problems taking him to the cleaners that night cause if anyone got hurt, it was going to be me. Now, in the city, the closest thing I do to racing is racing my mates to the speed limit and it stops there.
And can I personally say thanks to Patrick for saying what he did cause he is right, and thats how I feel, and I am often forced to shut my mouth when people start saying they have no sympathy for people like that. Its the risks we take in the hobby that we have chosen. (Or that chose us )

Quick Reply: for the street racers...