The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Stereo deck was stolen

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 12:35 PM
HCF Member
Default Stereo deck was stolen

This morning i drove to my brothers house left my car there for 2 hours and when i come back the window was broken and my deck was gone. I was so pissed my alarm went on and nothing stoped the moron. Anything i should do maybe tell the cops? dunno if there is any good reason. I gues i have to bolt the new on in the car lol

Old 11-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Default RE: Stereo deck was stolen

That sucks dude definately call the cops the same thing happend to me last year and they stole my back pack with all my new books i just bought. Call them and they'll come over and write a report. They may not do anything about it but the cop assured me that with the description I gave him they could possibly find it if they come accross a big bust. Umm if you have insurance you can call them and see if you can do anything about it. It would have to be home owners insurance or renters though. Theft isn't covered through your automotive other then the car getting stolen.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:47 PM

Ok scratch that if your stereo is attached to the car it is covered by auto insurance. In my case they broke my cd player trying to get it out. My back pack and belongings were covered by home owners but it wasn't even worth it because the amount wasn't as high as the deductible. Call your insurance company and hopefully your deck was pretty spendy and you have a low deductible.

Old 11-19-2006, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

I got my whole system jacked when I was in H.S...the cops came and finger printed, lifted 2 prints, one was mine and the other was a kid at my school that chilled wit my good friend. So he got his *** beat and I never got my stuff back...so sometimes calling the police can be benifical

Old 11-19-2006, 04:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: romic00
I gues i have to bolt the new on in the car lol
I don't think that’s a good idea. My brother had bolted his, but damn ****ers got a chisel and yank the stereo off, destroying his dashboard.

Old 11-19-2006, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

why dont you just remove the faceplate adn take it with you??

OR!

when i owned my civic, the deck wasnt even bolted in properly, so i could just pull it out no problem....so all i would have to do was pull it out, unplug it, and VOILA!!....to bad my civic never really made it to the road...

OR!

just keep your stock one, but leave it unplugged, and install ur new one in your glove box!
just an idea

Old 11-20-2006, 06:46 AM

ORIGINAL: gsumano

ORIGINAL: romic00
I gues i have to bolt the new on in the car lol
I don't think that’s a good idea. My brother had bolted his, but damn ****ers got a chisel and yank the stereo off, destroying his dashboard.
Damn when car thieves tried to take my cd player in my old berretta they failed twice cause I had it bolted in. Didnt stop them from helping themselves to my other stuff though