The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

So..does anybody else hate FedEx?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:14 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: So..does anybody else hate FedEx?

ORIGINAL: magic_mohawk

Fed Ex guys won't even get out at my house.
They're too afraid to get out cause of the dogs, and my dogs are dumb and fat.
And why does it take two guys to drive and deliver a package?
because of the holidays, they aren't in training fedex/ups just hire people to deliver packages.its just a seasonal job until chrismas is over

Old 12-17-2007, 05:08 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: KoshaK

^ the passenger is most likely in training.

My mom has had some bad experiences with fedex. When my intake was shipping via UPS they said they attempted to make a stop also and they never even came, the next day it came though. I just think they are too freaking lazy to finish their route when its late and head home and just say they attempted to drop it off but noone was home
This is probably it right there. I had this happen once and i called fedex and i MADE them delivery my item on Sat since they missed me on firday.

I do custom computer builds and was waiting on a video card. It was funny when i called cause the lady was like how did he miss you 5 mins ago if your calling me from your house, i was like ding ding ding lol

So they came and dropped it of on saturday and the guy called my cell to make sure i was home.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:46 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya im directly oposite... I HATE UPS... you could ship something to YOURSELF and it would still take them 5days to deliver it to yourself in the same town...... total BS!

now FEDEX they have always been the fastest/ cheapest shiping charges.. i prefere fedex myself....

UPS almost always delivers my packages to my neighbors house... my adress is 5840... and the next house down is 5480.... i swear he is dilexic worse than me.LOL realy sucks! plus my neighbor is lazy and never just brings over my package to me....
and you can always tell when we have a replacement mail person cause we always get eachothers mail...

but fedex has never missing my house!!!!!! im very happy with them and prefer them!

Old 12-17-2007, 07:00 AM
HCF Member

I think it all depends on the area...UPS has a small sorting facility less than 15 minutes from my house, so I get packages quicker from them. And if they miss me one day, I just call the number on the note and tell them I will pick it up. Never had bad luck with either of them really, nothing that stands out anyway.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:25 AM
HCF Member

I've never had any problems with shipping companies. Usually, If I have a problem it lies with the shipper, not the shipping company.

Maybe you shouldn't believe everything ebay tells you. 3 day shipping does not include processing.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Recognized HCF Member

o ya anyplaces tracking numbers can be BS.... not BS like they arent shiping BUT just a quick ONLINE packing info.... this means that they have gone thru the shiping company ABOUT the shiping... and they printed out a label FOR THE PACKAGE.... but then ya have to wait for them to either drop the package off to be shiped.... and sometimes thats a PITA and can take a week at times for the tracking info to even say PACKAGE RECEIVED. and finaly changes from ELECTRONINCALY NOTIFIED or what ever it says...

at least ya dont have to file a claim to get something shiped....
i just had to file a claim thru paypal to get this guy to ship me those air cylinders... i waited a week no info and now afew days before the paypal deadline for him to respond he types in a tracking number... OF COURSE but i know good and well a tracking number doesnt mean anything until it says RECEIVED for delivery...

Old 12-17-2007, 10:41 AM
HCF Member

I don't "hate" FedEx, but in our area (Quad Cities, IL), UPS seems to be the prefered shipper. Now that a new bridge has been completed over the Rock River, the UPS shipping center is only five minutes away from me.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I can't stand FedEx... I've already waited a week after the delivery date to get my package (new mirrors/flush-mount turn signals for my cbr). I had the pleasure of checking the tracking # only to see the package was still sitting "at local facility" the entire time.

I've honestly never had a bad experience with UPS though (there's a sorting facility 45 minutes away)... most of the stuff I get through UPS comes in 3 days... Hell, they got me my wheels and tires from Florida in 4 days.