The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

so CHP finally screwed me!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 12:18 PM
Banned

i got reapers back on all this

Old 12-31-2008, 01:10 PM
HCF Member

well his mods aem cold air intake which is 50 state legal and a tic greddy exhaust cat back system so i dont know where it gets illegal its not like he's running straight pipe he still has his cat if he didnt then i can understand. And about the tuner shops that was just a statement wasnt trying to be a smart ***. and front plates is required by law but tell those who own a s2000, but its not enforced like it should i know i have mine on...but to solve this just get a relocator for the plate so you dont have to drill noticeable holes on your bumper. and California is not the strictest state its the most brokest state in America we are so far in debt its not even funny. And ive gotten pulled over more when my car was stock then when i had my d16 boosted and also when i swapped my motor for a b16, oh wait i did get pulled over when i was boosted but it was because i didnt make a complete stop, was going 50 on a 35 and they popped my hood saw my set up but lucky for me i had my carb sticker for my turbo so that helped, they still asked for paperwork on that too...lol and it was two chp lawenforcers, they told me you know we can impound your car right for the violations?! i said yes at this point i was like man im ****ed!! But they were just trying to scare me,but they let me go well i pretty much did whatever they asked from me without any delay and before i left the chp officer that was still there said on his intercom to do a burnout...i was like huh? i didnt think twice i did a burnout in front of the chp he went his way i went my way end of story.So.... california strict for mods...not entirely true depending on the mods and how lawenforcement officers feel at that momment. And Reaper i know you dont like hearing people hating on lawenforcers or what not but keep in mind if you dont like what you read in these threads DONT post your flame, it doesnt say anything in the rules that you cant vent about an event that occured to someone that is why its in the OFF TOPIC thread. Anyways its not my thread so i dont care... just lock it your a moderater so just do that.

Last edited by munkeewrench23; 12-31-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:12 PM
HCF Member

i dont think that it will be hard to get the exhaust barred as long it falls under the decibles that allows it to pass.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Cat Fuсker

Cali sucks, but the OP is a douche bag for complaining about getting a completely legitimate ticket.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:42 PM
HCF Member

shudda tried to blow the doors off that crusier

Old 12-31-2008, 02:37 PM
June 2010 ROTM

I'm with reaper, you are responsible for what you do. When I exceed I am aware that I am breaking laws and that there are consequences and it's no ones fault but mine. I could be angry at myself for getting caught but I would never be angry at the police. You give respect, you get respect.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:47 PM
HCF Member

-Quick question - What all cant you have in cali? I am going to be visiting this summer. Kinda curious if they are going to pull me over for my exhaust and stuff.[/QUOTE]

if your visiting they wont do anything just say your not from california and that this is your first time here most likely they will leave you with a warning.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:32 PM

im a douchebag? THANKS.. i was not really complaining as much as i was just sharing my experience with others. ive always passed up a bunch of cops and none of them have ever said anything... so sure it kinda bugged me that i got pulled over... but i knew it could happen. i know i need a front license plate so thats my fault. exhaust as well. the intake got me by surprise because i thought as long as it had the carb sticker i would be in the clear. at no point did i say that i was not doing anything wrong. as for the i hate chp line... sure i guess that could be immature... so a simple solution... ill edit that out.... i did not intend 2 turn this into a flame thread..... so go ahead and close it if you like... wont bother me.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Angry Admin

no one flamed you but gene and thats to be expected he is an a$$hat, everyone else just pointed out logical fallacies and why yyou shouldnt be complaining about stuff that was your responsibility to fix.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StifflersMom
Cali sucks, but the OP is a douche bag for complaining about getting a completely legitimate ticket.
the Douche bag part wasnt needed haha

Quick Reply: so CHP finally screwed me!