The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

so CHP finally screwed me!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Default so CHP finally screwed me!

i got pulled over today and got a ticket for modified exhaust, intake, and no front plate....

so i was getting onto HWY4 from Railroad in Pittsburg headed towards Bay Point... i was at the red light waiting to turn left onto the freeway.. and i saw a cop get behind me.. as soon as i got onto the on ramp he turned on his lights.. i pulled over.. he gets on the loudspeaker "turn off your vehicle"...i turn it off... lower my window... he walks up hella slowly to my car and looks inside... he tells me "im pulling you over for the modified exhaust. can i get your license, insurance and registration".. im pulling it out and meanwhile he asks me "who's car is this?" i tell him its mine... he asks "do you have any engine modifications on your car"... i said "i have an intake but its got the CARB legal sticker"... he says "let me take a look at that"... so i open the hood.. we go to the front of my car... he looks inside.. and asks "where's the sticker?" i point to it.. he looks at it... and asks "do you have the paperwork for it?" i say "no.." he says "thats just the manufacturer's sticker. you need the state sticker and the paperwork they give you when you get it referree'd" he looks at my front bumper "youre also missing a front plate. Im going to cite you for all this. you're going to need to get the intake and the exhaust bar-ed and if it doesnt meet the specifications you're going to need to put the stock items back on"... he leaves to his car... then comes out of his car with a camera... takes a picture of my exhaust.... comes back to my window.. gives me back my info.. and says "i need to take a look at the intake again"... i open my hood again... he takes a picture of my engine bay... and then he said "you dont have to worry about the carbon hood.. just the intake and exhaust. you'll be getting the ticket in the mail and you have 30 days to take care of this. if you get pulled over again and it hasnt been fixed, we will take your car out of commission. have a good day" and he leaves

so thats my story

Last edited by fg1civic2nr; 01-01-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:28 PM
HCF Member

thats lame good thing that you have your stock parts

Old 12-30-2008, 09:00 PM
HCF Member

Wow. I'm glad to live in a state that doesn't care. Would I be correct in guessing you have a can of a muffler? Would police care if you had a stock looking system? I had a buddy of mine throw on a glasspack before the rear, and ran piping out the rear. Looks stock, and sounds pretty good. Sounds REAL mean when the VTEC hits.

-Quick question - What all cant you have in cali? I am going to be visiting this summer. Kinda curious if they are going to pull me over for my exhaust and stuff.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:01 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Yeah, f**k that guy for doing his job. I can't believe the nerve of that a**hole for doing what he's supposed to do.

You live in cali, the strictest state for auto mods... what did you expect? The entire thing is pretty much your fault. Just admit it; especially considering from the way you described it, the cop wasn't being a douche or anything.

I can't stand this "f**k the police" mentality; cops catch so much s**t for doing their jobs. Do you freak out on firefighters because they didn't put out the fire fast enough? Do you say "f**k the paramedics" because they broke your ribs giving you cpr? No, so why does everyone hate cops? I've had more than enough run-ins with the cops; every one was my fault, and I accepted responsibility and didn't get whiny when I got tickets. Yeah, there's a**hole cops, but there's more cool cops than there are douchenozzles. The problem is people get b***hy when they get pulled over because we all know speeding and illegal mods aren't breaking the law or anything

Old 12-31-2008, 06:27 AM
Angry Admin

+1 on chris
im actually glad i got pulled over because the massive slab of points i got from that incident slowed me the **** down and probably saved my life.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:00 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Yeah, f**k that guy for doing his job. I can't believe the nerve of that a**hole for doing what he's supposed to do.

You live in cali, the strictest state for auto mods... what did you expect? The entire thing is pretty much your fault. Just admit it; especially considering from the way you described it, the cop wasn't being a douche or anything.

I can't stand this "f**k the police" mentality; cops catch so much s**t for doing their jobs. Do you freak out on firefighters because they didn't put out the fire fast enough? Do you say "f**k the paramedics" because they broke your ribs giving you cpr? No, so why does everyone hate cops? I've had more than enough run-ins with the cops; every one was my fault, and I accepted responsibility and didn't get whiny when I got tickets. Yeah, there's a**hole cops, but there's more cool cops than there are douchenozzles. The problem is people get b***hy when they get pulled over because we all know speeding and illegal mods aren't breaking the law or anything
it wasnt even a cop it was highway patrol they are not even considered cops espcially not by real policemen., but the fact of the matter is in some parts in cali the law is more inforced then others however even if cali has more strict laws in performance or what not but we got the more tuner shops and performance manufacturers out here then anywhere else which is funny to me. but what ever i dont see what the problem is about someone venting about getting pulled over that is why a forum is for duh...But as for the mods just go get your **** barred it should pass. but i doubt chp even pulls over wrx's because most of their exhausts come modded off the lott.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Highway patrol = LEO. They have a badge, a gun, and a patrol car. And why the f**k does it matter that "we got the more tuner shops" in cali? The law is the f**king law. Let me explain, since you seem fairly dense. Is it legal to go out and buy a Smith & Wesson M&P 1911 .45? Hell yes. Is it legal to take said M&P 1911 out on a shooting spree in the local mall? Nope. Just because you can buy it doesn't make it legal to use however you want. You can buy any part you want for your car, that doesn't make it legal for street use.

And the problem I see with him venting is he's acting like he wasn't doing anything wrong. He has an aftermarket intake and exhaust on his car and NO FRONT PLATE in THE strictest state in America. What did he expect to happen? And the line "I hate CHP"? He got pulled over for what is entirely his fault, and he hates the CHP because of it? Sounds kind of immature to me.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:40 AM
HCF Member

I'm just wondering why you guys are getting on this guy when he did nothing wrong and has nothing wrong on his car?

If a front plate is required by law in CA that's understandable for him getting a ticket, but not the other stuff, unless of course the CA law states no modifications allowed, but I don't think that's the case.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Front plates are required in Cali, and any mods have to be CARB-legal or CARB-exempt.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:14 PM
HCF Member

i agree about the intake that just wasn't cool but as for the fron't plate and exhaust i say get a front plate and make your exhaust look factory

Quick Reply: so CHP finally screwed me!