The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

road trip anyone?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 06:58 AM
Ben
Default RE: road trip anyone?!

ORIGINAL: Talon585

I went to Fort Bennings, GA about 5 months ago with two of my buddies to see a real good friend of mine graduate basic training. Lots of fun. Just make sure your other friends dont want to take a detour through a bunch of mountains..........mountain driving sucks if you never have done if before............especially in a neon[:'(]
Not if its an SRT-4

Old 01-22-2007, 07:06 AM

^it was a base model neon. I think the only thing it had was a/c and power steering. All in all a ****ty car to drive all day in

Old 01-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Administrator

...waiting for ALL4SRT to show up...

Old 01-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

bateater, the roads on this side of the state suck *****, I'd at least wait until Spring. Come on a weekend, and meet me and Tyler at the Track

Old 01-22-2007, 10:45 AM
HCF Member

I did a road trip before I got married from Utah to Greensboro, NC and then from NC back to Portland. I used mapquest and still got lost in Nebraska! Driving the country isnt as bad as navigating a city, though... well I think, at least! Good luck on your drive...

Something to consider is that you will need about 35-40 bucks a night to sleep. Then figure gas by taking your estimated miles you will travel and divide it by how many miles your car usually goes on one tank... then multiply it by the avg $$ of gas... you'll then get a rough estimate of how much gas will cost you.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:01 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

bateater, the roads on this side of the state suck *****, I'd at least wait until Spring. Come on a weekend, and meet me and Tyler at the Track
hell sounds good to me! that would be a killer weekend

Old 01-22-2007, 07:17 PM
HCF Member

I have taken about 2 road trips, in 01 I went to Daytona Beach, from here in KY, took about 15 hours in a camper with a trailer hauling 2 streetbikes. It was a mother.

2nd was just recently, I went down to Savanah GA, had a blast. Took like 12 hours or something to get there because I took a wrong exit and got lost ***** deep in ATL traffic at 4pm, talk about wall to wall cars. I barely found my way back to the road I wanted to be on.

Anyway, Savanah was a good little stop, some good food, decent beaches out on Tybee Island, and we stopped alot along the way, saw some cool stuff, like that mountain up in TN where you can see 7 states from the top, that was neato, I will try and post a pic of that if I can find it.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Eun

I did, to LA with a girl. Costed me bunch but it was worth it.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:32 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: bateater

Just let me know a week or so ahead of time man. The track is always a good time. We bring a cooler with pop and stuff, as well as a grill for burgers, dogs, and brats. Just kick back, chill, talk ****/cars, and RUN 'EM!

Old 01-23-2007, 12:15 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

ORIGINAL: bateater

Just let me know a week or so ahead of time man. The track is always a good time. We bring a cooler with pop and stuff, as well as a grill for burgers, dogs, and brats. Just kick back, chill, talk ****/cars, and RUN 'EM!
i will be there a lot this spring. i am looking forward to it

Quick Reply: road trip anyone?!