The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

RIP EJ8... (NEW CAR! pg 5)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: RIP EJ8...

I JUST WANNA KNOW HOW YOU GOT IT FOR ONLY 300BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

i couldnt get that kinda price at gun point!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Cat Fuсker

WTF...that's a killer deal. I wish I came across deals like this

Old 07-16-2007, 05:08 PM
HCF Member

Hey, can you do us ALL a fav? Make a good DIY for power windows!!!! Please! I want to do mine and it looked impossible to get all the parts behind the metal.

But nice buy man 300 is so cheap, and with 5000 to spend, wow its going to be a nice car, i cant wate to see it done...make a build thread!

Old 07-16-2007, 05:12 PM

The price I got is because of the dealership my dad works at. Everyone there (literally) is interested in my car because it's evolved from stock to what it was, so when they heard it saw it come into the shop wrecked they were all very disappointed.

Today someone traded in the hatch, dealership took it for $100. My dad and I spoke with the sales guys and they cut a few corners and we got it for that price. Not something you'll find normally, but trust me if you look hard enough you can find great deals. Here's a tip, look for older people (60s+) who are selling their cars. They are generally in GREAT shape, and if you are polite and show interest in the car they will generally give it to you for dirt cheap. That's how we got the coupe for $500, some old lady drove it into the ground and gave it to us for cheap because she didn't have any use for it anymore (too small etc).

Having a hookup is nice, but you can get good cars for cheap if you know where to look and don't mind doing some extra work to make it your own.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:15 PM

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

Hey, can you do us ALL a fav? Make a good DIY for power windows!!!! Please! I want to do mine and it looked impossible to get all the parts behind the metal.

But nice buy man 300 is so cheap, and with 5000 to spend, wow its going to be a nice car, i cant wate to see it done...make a build thread!
Will do for the power windows, I'm beginning to think I'm going to need to put the coupe doors on the hatch though, heh.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Stinky Administrator

if its an auto i'd trade you my 92 hatch no rust at all

Old 07-16-2007, 05:17 PM
HCF Member

if you're already doing body work, might as well utilize what you got

Old 07-16-2007, 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Peg_Leg

if its an auto i'd trade you my 92 hatch no rust at all
Haha, nah not an auto, we don't drive auto's in this family. Best thing is that I can use the 2nd gear synchro set out of the CX tranny because you almost can't beat on them.

As far as the doors go, I would rather not being as the coupe doors have rust spots on them and the hatch's don't, but we'll see.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member

thats sweet for you!
good to hear some GREAT THINGS are happening for you! i just wish i could find somekinda deal like that!

thats gotta be the deal of a lifetime.....
for 300bucks you could PAY a shop to swap the interior out. LMFAO

hell if you was close enough id help ya.....
you have THE BEST way to swap the parts.... you have the full supply car...... you can test all the wires ya want and see exactly how everything is in thier to swap it perfectly!!!!!!

definatly doesnt get any easier than that!!!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 06:04 PM
HCF Member

Good to see that you got another car to work on. Best of luck to this build and I cant wait to see the final product.

Quick Reply: RIP EJ8... (NEW CAR! pg 5)